Crash.Net MOTOGP News
Valencia MotoGP test times - Tuesday 2pm
13 November 2012
Following Sunday's season-ending Valencia Grand Prix, a two-day post season MotoGP test began at the circuit on Tuesday.
However rain began falling shortly after the track opened and the circuit has remained wet ever since. The fastest lap times were set on slicks just before the rain.
The test marks Valentino Rossi's first Yamaha laps since 2010, while Rossi's Ducati replacement Andrea Dovizioso is making his Desmosedici debut.
Despite the conditions, Rossi (pictured) - who did not complete a flying dry lap - has put in lengthy wet weather runs and has now completed more laps than any other rider.
By contrast, Moto2 stars Marc Marquez (Honda), Andrea Iannone (Ducati) and Bradley Smith (Tech 3 Yamaha) are yet to make their first official MotoGP appearances - Iannone has previously tested for Ducati.
Former MotoGP racer Loris Capirossi rode Smith's bike this morning, posting a lap of 1m 35.954s, which has since been dropped from the timesheets.
Ben Spies, moving from Yamaha to Ducati for 2013, is not present due to recent surgery. His place is being taken by new Ducati test rider Michele Pirro.
Testing concludes at 5pm local time and is due to continue on Wednesday, although Yamaha may switch to Aragon for day two.
CLICK HERE for extensive picture coverage from the Valencia MotoGP test...
1. Alvaro Bautista ESP Honda Gresini (RC213V) 1m 35.936s (Lap 4/5)
2. Stefan Bradl GER LCR Honda MotoGP (RC213V) 1m 36.198s (3/5)
3. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (GP12) 1m 39.868s (3/17)
4. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN Avintia (FTR-Kawasaki CRT) 1m 42.239s (2/16)
5. Valentino Rossi ITA Yamaha Factory (YZR-M1) 1m 43.736s (27/28)
6. Aleix Espargaro ESP Aspar (ART CRT) 1m 46.060s (10/15)
7. Michele Pirro ITA Pramac Racing (GP12) 1m 46.829s (6/12)
8. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing (ART CRT) 1m 47.129s (2/6)
9. Claudio Corti ITA Forward Racing (FTR-Kawasaki CRT) 1m 48.020s (15/16)
10. Randy De Puniet FRA Aspar (ART CRT) 1m 48.351s (12/13)
11. Colin Edwards USA Forward Racing (FTR-Kawasaki CRT) 1m 50.853s (7/8)
12. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia (FTR-Kawasaki CRT) 1m 56.992s (9/12)
Danilo Petrucci ITA Came IodaRacing (Suter-BMW CRT) No Time
Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda (RC213V) No Time
Andrea Iannone ITA Pramac Racing (GP12) No Time
Cal Crutchlow GBR Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) No Time
Shane Byrne GBR Paul Bird Motorsport (ART CRT) No Time
Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Team (GP12) No Time
Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda (RC213V) No Time
Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha Factory (YZR-M1) No Time
Bradley Smith GBR Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) No Time
Official Valencia MotoGP records:
Dani Pedrosa ESP Honda 1m 30.844s (2012)
Fastest race lap:
Casey Stoner AUS Ducati 1m 32.582s (2008)