Crash.Net MOTOGP News
Valencia MotoGP test times - Wednesday 4.30pm
14 November 2012
Following Sunday's season-ending Valencia Grand Prix, a two-day post season MotoGP test began at the circuit on Tuesday.
Day one was marred by poor weather, which caused seven of the 21 riders to remain in the pits and prompted the Factory Yamaha team to send Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo to Aragon for day two.
Unfortunately, it rained at both Valencia and Aragon on Wednesday morning - but conditions at Valencia finally improved enough for slick-tyre runs from mid-afternoon.
That convinced 2012 title runner-up Dani Pedrosa to head out for the first time since winning Sunday's race - and Pedrosa was on top of the timesheets by 3:30pm, when new Repsol Honda team-mate Marc Marquez finally made his MotoGP debut.
The Moto2 champion got to within 2.1s of Pedrosa at the end of his first run, but late-afternoon laps times are continuing to tumble as the track improves and Pedrosa is now over one-second clear of the field - and under the race lap record.
Marquez's fellow MotoGP rookie Bradley Smith made his own debut, on wet tyres, shortly after midday. Smith has since gone back out on slicks, while team-mate Cal Crutchlow is up to second place after being among those to sit out the wet weather.
Ben Spies, moving from Yamaha to Ducati for 2013, is not present due to recent surgery. His place is being taken by new Ducati test rider Michele Pirro.
Alvaro Bautista's Tuesday time was set on slicks, just before rain arrived.
Despite the poor weather, Rossi - who rode 28 wet laps during his Yamaha return at Valencia on Tuesday - and reigning champion Lorenzo have both reportedly been on track at Aragon, where some World Superbike teams are also testing.
Lorenzo fell without harm on the wet track.
CLICK HERE for extensive picture coverage from the Valencia MotoGP test...
1. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda (RC213V) 1m 32.481s (Lap 23/23)
2. Cal Crutchlow GBR Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 33.609s (11/18)
3. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Team (GP12) 1m 33.623s (22/22)
4. Stefan Bradl GER LCR Honda MotoGP (RC213V) 1m 33.828s (11/12)
5. Alvaro Bautista ESP Honda Gresini (RC213V) 1m 33.994s (15/16)
6. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (GP12) 1m 34.453s (12/17)
7. Michele Pirro ITA Pramac Racing (GP12) 1m 34.573s (42/43)
8. Randy De Puniet FRA Aspar (ART CRT) 1m 34.758s (19/24)
9. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda (RC213V) 1m 35.201s (13/15)
10. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB (ART CRT) 1m 35.578s (15/15)
11. Andrea Iannone ITA Pramac Racing (GP12) 1m 35.667s (41/43)
12. Bradley Smith GBR Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 35.775s (33/34)
13. Danilo Petrucci ITA IodaRacing (Suter-BMW CRT) 1m 35.904s (12/14)
14. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia (FTR-Kawasaki CRT) 1m 39.248s (25/26)
15. Aleix Espargaro ESP Aspar (ART CRT) 1m 43.517s (35/40)
Colin Edwards USA Forward (FTR-Kawasaki CRT) No Time
Hiroshi Aoyama JPN Avintia (FTR-Kawasaki CRT) No Time
Shane Byrne GBR Paul Bird Motorsport (ART CRT) No Time
Claudio Corti ITA Forward (FTR-Kawasaki CRT) No Time
Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha Factory (YZR-M1) Not present
Valentino Rossi ITA Yamaha Factory (YZR-M1) Not present
Fastest Day 1 time:
Alvaro Bautista ESP Honda 1m 35.936s
Official Valencia MotoGP records:
Dani Pedrosa ESP Honda 1m 30.844s (2012)
Fastest race lap:
Casey Stoner AUS Ducati 1m 32.582s (2008)