Crash.Net MOTOGP News
Sepang II MotoGP test times - Thursday (Final)
28 February 2013
The third and final day of the second official 2013 MotoGP test took place at Sepang on Thursday.
The opening two hours were spent on a drying track, after overnight rain, with slick tyres possible from 1pm onwards.
However track conditions were widely described as slippery with lap times were generally slower than on day two, with Dani Pedrosa's best lap from the first test thus remaining unbeaten.
Pedrosa and reigning champion Jorge Lorenzo were among the first to finish testing, before 5pm. Many others rode until the red lights were illuminated, including Marc Marquez and Valentino Rossi.
Moto2 champion Marquez fell twice without harm today, once in the wet and once in the dry, then secured a Repsol Honda one-two by moving into second place on his very final lap.
Rossi also made late lap-time progress, moving from seventh to fourth (+0.5s).
As well as Marquez, Petrucci, Barbera, Staring, Pirro, Hayden and Pesek also experienced off track moments.
Michael Laverty made clear progress during what was only the second day on track for the new PBM bike.
Honda and Yamaha will now attend a private test at the new Austin circuit on March 12-14, with the last official pre-season test taking place at Jerez, Spain from March 23-25.
CLICK HERE for pictures from the test...
1. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda (RC213V) 2m 0.562s (Lap 41/57)
2. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda (RC213V) 2m 0.643s (54/54)
3. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha Factory (YZR-M1) 2m 0.992s (23/56)
4. Valentino Rossi ITA Yamaha Factory (YZR-M1) 2m 1.062s (60/61)
5. Alvaro Bautista ESP Honda Gresini (RC213V) 2m 1.078s (13/43)
6. Cal Crutchlow GBR Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 2m 1.094s (57/59)
7. Stefan Bradl GER LCR Honda (RC213V) 2m 1.309s (7/46)
8. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (GP13) 2m 1.650s (35/44)
9. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Team (GP13) 2m 2.070s (23/53)
10. Bradley Smith GBR Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 2m 2.314s (46/64)
11. Andrea Iannone ITA Pramac Racing (GP13) 2m 2.566s (46/52)
12. Michele Pirro ITA Ducati Test Rider (GP13) 2m 2.773s (36/38)
13. Randy De Puniet FRA Aspar (ART CRT) 2m 2.863s (44/45)
14. Ben Spies USA Pramac Racing (GP13) 2m 3.055s (31/33)
15. Katsuyuki Nakasuga JPN Yamaha Test Rider (YZR-M1) 2m 3.154s (24/32)
16. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia (FTR-Kawasaki CRT)* 2m 3.155s (37/42)
17. Wataru Yoshikawa JPN Yamaha Test Rider (YZR-M1) 2m 3.257s (22/26)
18. Aleix Espargaro ESP Aspar (ART CRT) 2m 3.423s (18/45)
19. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB (ART CRT) 2m 4.066s (33/57)
20. Colin Edwards USA Forward Racing (FTR-Kawasaki CRT)* 2m 4.102s (21/42)
21. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN Avintia (FTR-Kawasaki CRT)* 2m 4.512s (15/51)
22. Michael Laverty GBR Paul Bird Motorsport (PBM CRT)* 2m 4.546s (21/24)
23. Lukas Pesek CZE IodaRacing (Suter-BMW CRT)* 2m 4.674s (32/33)
24. Danilo Petrucci ITA IodaRacing (Suter-BMW CRT)* 2m 4.686s (18/36)
25. Claudio Corti ITA Forward Racing (FTR-Kawasaki CRT)* 2m 4.718s (48/51)
26. Yonny Hernandez COL Paul Bird Motorsport (ART CRT) 2m 4.722s (46/47)
27. Takumi Takahashi JPN Honda Test Rider (RC213V) 2m 4.749s (63/65)
28. Bryan Staring AUS Honda Gresini (FTR-Honda CRT) 2m 5.313s (15/40)
* Control ECU.
Fastest Day 2 time:
Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha 2m 0.282s
Fastest Day 1 time:
Dani Pedrosa ESP Honda 2m 1.580s
Fastest Sepang I lap time:
Dani Pedrosa ESP Honda 2m 0.100s (Day 3)
Official Sepang MotoGP records:
Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha 2m 0.334s (2012)
Fastest race lap:
Casey Stoner AUS Ducati 2m 2.108s (2007)
Fastest lap in 2012 pre-season testing:
Casey Stoner AUS Honda 1m 59.607s (February 2)