ALMS » Massa on cusp of inflicting new low on Alonso

The qualifying 'battle' between Ferrari team-mate Felipe Massa and Fernando Alonso will be one of the things to watch in Shanghai next weekend.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

D-Fuct - Unregistered

April 03, 2013 9:11 AM

Great to Massa back on form, however FA's race pace is pretty searing and he calls the shots from the car, so I think the Sunday heirarchy will remain as is..

I'm sure we'll see 2007 mentioned some time very soon!!!

elijah

April 03, 2013 9:52 AM

Massa The Reborn, now has the greatest fight on his hands. He mustn't crumble under pressure if he is to position himself where Ferrari will back him. Alonso is customarily very consistent, which is why Scuderia think of him as their top driver yet. But Alonso shows weakness when his teammate is able to consistently outpaced him in a car which is working. We saw this when he drove alongside Hamilton. In fact Alonso's mistakes at Malaysia, breaking his front wing and then not coming into the pits could be the first signs of cracks appearing.

TheTruth - Unregistered

April 03, 2013 11:04 AM

Alonso is more of a racer rather than a qualifier. Villeneuve out-qualified him at Suzuka in 2004 in a car he drove for one race. JV talked very highly of Alonso and he mentioned that in race he is much faster than qualifying. I hope I will find this article. In the race Alonso is a dynamite and there is no question about that. He has some qualities that are very rare among drivers.

WTkFox - Unregistered

April 03, 2013 12:09 PM

It is great to see Massa actually becoming happy and winning again. I think his real spark came from his home race last year. The question will remain, will Massa be given the order to move aside or will Alonso be forced to play the role which Massa has been playing since his return.
Any driver which shows a happy and fair persona, I'll support, Massa is on that list

Jules - Unregistered

April 03, 2013 12:16 PM

Alonso has admitted many times, he is not the fastest driver over a single lap. Vettel and Hamilton are probably the quickest but yet Alonso has beaten them many times over a race. In a race, Alonso is phenomenal and I don't think Massa can beat Alonso when it comes to driving and winning a race.

This report is kinda useless in trying to stir up tensions within Ferrari. No points on qualy. Massa is at best two tenths ahead of Alonso on qualifying day, which is probably one grid position behind. Alonso, easily beats Massa during the starts or within the first few laps of the race..

bob - Unregistered

April 03, 2013 12:32 PM

I would LOVE to see Massa get the upper hand over Alonso, but I'm afraid, as I've pointed out numerous times to the Hamilton fan club, qualifying doesn't really mean much.

Points are scored on Sunday, not Saturday and unfortunately for the guys who are 'awesome' over 1 lap, F1 GP's are usually slightly longer than 1 or 2 laps.

What I do find interesting, although not surprising, is that people who have previously told us how epic Hamilton is because he out qualified Button so comprehensively are now telling us that qualifying doesn't matter.

lol

Zelda - Unregistered

April 03, 2013 1:35 PM

Bob in unprovoked attack on Hamilton shocker!
Any chance you can make a post without abusing LH?
This is about Massa out qualifying Alonso in a Ferrari!
You know, the big red car?
Personally I think Massa is coming back to form. Great news for him and Rob his engineer and obviously, Ferrari.
As for cracks and Alonso?
I think his race craft is almost on a different planet to everyone else.
Hamilton is not his friend but is honest enough to admit that FA blows him away with some of his driving.
I'll take that reference as an indicator.
I still think the Ferrari has some improving to do. With the right improvements they may actually challenge RBR and their Newey inspired cars.

1 2 3 4 5  »