MotoGP » EXCLUSIVE Edwards: New Yamaha 'like a 990'

Bigwl3 .

February 10, 2009 7:15 AM

Perhaps the bikes are finally evolving into their potential and it will now be mainly a competition between the riders instead of the machines. If what colin says is true then the 09 bikes will be 990's with much less weight. (The ultimate bike) Looking at capirossi and Vermulen's great times on the suzuki, it's possible that if all the bikes are finally sorted the only thing holding the riders back from the glory days of last lap battles is the "getting used to" the bridgestone's aspect. I personally think it's a good thing kawasaki left, they couldn't cut it in the class so it was time to move on. no use making the rest of the gp field look bad. 2009 will be a rebirth for MotoGP

mike hunt - Unregistered

February 10, 2009 7:52 AM

I used to to a CE fan, however he trots out the same old BS every year about how brilliant the bike is , then does ferk all in the season.

This will be his last year in MotoGP, Ben Spies will be in MotoGp next year.
So Col, cut the bullpoo, get your finger out and deliver....its now or never

Bubba Bub

February 10, 2009 8:51 AM

Agreed. Colin needs to step up this year. He needs consistent top 5 finishes with more than 1 or 2 podiums. I also like Colin's personality. he's an honest, funny guy. But it's time to come thru or head back to WSBK.

BiRTY - Unregistered

February 10, 2009 9:08 AM

I think this secret he keeps on banging on about is for JTs benefit, cos of there end of season arguement, they are on same package and edwards is flying and JT aint. Just to get one over on him me thinks.

oldtoolie - Unregistered

February 10, 2009 11:24 AM

In Colin Edward's interviews, I get the picture that he never lines up on raceday thinking, 'I am the fastest guy on the track today. No one can beat me.' Even when he is on the front row, he is usually thinking, 'I'm one of the fastest guys here today, maybe 4th or 5th fastest. So I'll stay out of the way of the contenders.' And that is where he finishes. If I was him, I'd be seeing a sports psychologist.

On the other hand, he has a young family, has had a great and profitable career, two time world champ in WSB, in the top 9 in MotoGP for 5 years -- maybe he doesn't care that much. If it all comes together, he might get a win or two this year and if not, so be it.

Bob Buttamasangy

February 10, 2009 11:50 AM

Same ol' same ol'.
I don't care if he wins or not, but even if he is within a bulls roar of the lead by half way through a race, I'll be as surprised as anyone. It's hard not to think this ride could have gone to someone with more motivation. No hard feelings, and good luck to him in what should be his last season when the tyre rule will see some surprising competition.
Not really a Lorenzo fan but if he lets Rossi psych him out the way Edwards has, he's already given up.

1 2 3 4 5  »