MotoGP » EXCLUSIVE Moto2: Danny Kent - Q&A

“Sandro [Cortese] was really angry after the race, but when he sat down and watched the replay he saw that I was nowhere near him” – Danny Kent.

andrew2k

January 29, 2013 8:33 AM

I have been following Kent's career for sometime this season and one thing I have to admit, if he really plays his cards right there just might be come hope of british prestige being restored to top-level motorcycle road racing. The same goes for Crutchlow.

mt - Unregistered

January 29, 2013 8:58 AM

If he stayed in moto3 this year I think he would of been the favourite for the championship. I don't think he will get any good results on the tech3 moto2 bike unfortunately.

prof-x - Unregistered

January 29, 2013 9:27 AM

please. Now that Mav is on a KTM powered bike, no way he wont lose this year unless something freakish happens. Moto2 will be Dorna making it up to Pol year where he pretty much does a Marquez on the rest of the guys. Might be time for Tech3 to run a couple kalex or speedup chassis. Pol seems to be Jorge's replacement anyways. These things are decided before they happen btw. And unfortunately it is a Spanish Championship, so Brits get enough television coverage to keep the BBC happy, thats the way it will stay until someone decides to kick MotoGP in the butt and demand some better politics.

Sweeble - Unregistered

January 29, 2013 9:39 AM

I reckon Danny might just show Bradley up this season. Looking at the interview, if he'd been given the same gear as Sandro and some decent input from the team, he could have been the 2012 champion.

I'm looking for top 6 finishes, no pressure Danny!

Dandelion - Unregistered

January 29, 2013 10:13 AM

As far as I'm concerned, the pass in Japan was clean as a whistle, I reckon he had to do something like that to properly establish himself with Sandro and with the team.

choo996 - Unregistered

January 29, 2013 10:26 AM

That Joe Henderson deserves to be honoured for services to British Motorcycle Sport....christ knows how much of his profits he has ploughed in over the years...top bloke !!!
Danny will be up there in moto2....but,not untill 2014....2013 will be a big learning year for him. It's going to be tough for him going into what I think is probably the best worid series event. Although I really hope he does well,my money is on Scott Reading for moto2 wins and title challenge this year,he'll have extra fire in his belly this season after his ducati moment. Both Cal & Scott will be..."look what you could have had" !!
"RULE BRITANIA"

Mr Biggles - Unregistered

January 29, 2013 11:14 AM

I wish Danny the best of luck. He has got a longway to go, but by the sound of it, he has the temperament to match the talent. Nicely revealing interview too, with some genuine insider info.

Don-R

January 29, 2013 11:22 AM

Good luck to Danny, I have high hopes for him.

Kind of spooky seeing that no. 52 in Tech 3 colours again though. Hopefully the combination will have more success this time round.

1 2  »