MotoGP » Kawasaki's MotoGP project: 2002-2008.

Tupac Shakur - Unregistered

January 10, 2009 7:30 PM

Just a shame it all had to end. I hope when the economic situation allows they can return to MotoGP.

And I hope by then the powers that be will have changed the formula to one that starts to produce interesting racing again (990cc, No Electronics & Single Tyre).

Mike Villasenor - Unregistered

January 10, 2009 8:08 PM

I for one am extremely pleased to see Kawasaki leave MotoGP. Even myself, having no stake in the company, felt an immense amount of embarrassment watching their failed efforts year after year. At the seasons end I would search the newspapers for a story about the CEO of Kawasaki taking his own life due to the shame and humiliation that he brought upon his country and their people. Unable to find such a story I knew that the cycle would repeat itself the next year.

My friends and I celebrated Kawasaki's departure last with a pizza party! In honor of our failed (and shamed) Japanese friends, we ordered extra sardines!

Mike Villasenor - The UNDISPUTED KING of Ortega Highway!!

Tupac Shakur - Unregistered

January 10, 2009 8:32 PM

how can you celebrate the loss of peoples jobs??

the employees of the Kwak MotoGP team and their families only have an uncertain future to look forward to in an economic climate where job opportunities are becoming rarer each day.

it's a sorry human being who takes delight in another persons misfortune.

Wiggysan The Dude

January 10, 2009 9:09 PM

GETTING BACK ON TOPIC PLEASE MEN............

This a very good report from the Crash team, thanks a lot.

Its just a real shame you had to write it in the first place. Like I said before, they might not have set the MotoGP world on fire, but they were still a massive part of the racing world.

If nothing more then bring a massive sponsor like Montser Energy to MotoGP.

You will be missed by myself, and the other true MotoGP fans Kawasaki & I hope you will return very soon.

Tupac Shakur - Unregistered

January 10, 2009 9:15 PM

agreed wiggysan, i think most right minded people will feel the same.

lets face facts, the more teams and variety we have in the field the better the overall spectacle for the fans.

ZeR0 Kun

January 11, 2009 2:40 AM

I almost cry when I heard this news, at least because Marco has lost his ride...

On the other side, even though I am not their fan I hope they won't out for too long. They might not be the race winner but their dedication to race week in, week out just to produce rare results can put people at Honda in shame. MotoGP need people like them.

See you next time, hopefully in 2010! You will surely be missed.

mick compton

January 11, 2009 3:48 PM

I think Moto GP & WSB will be merged in the next 2-3 years as Moto GP is just too expensive to run, we would get a big grid with all the best riders & teams on Production based bikes. The only downside is that Valentino will be driving a rally car by then so will not get the chance to prove he is the "greatest of all time" over every rider on the planet !!!!

po - Unregistered

January 11, 2009 4:23 PM

Such a shame kawa pulled out, in my opinion the ZX-RR was my favourate looking back on the grid, I'll miss the lime green meanie, perhaps we'll see you back one day and you never know you might be wearing michelen rubber

trr - Unregistered

January 11, 2009 5:12 PM

It is very unfortunate to hear Kwak's leaving though understandable. Kwak failed in both big series in the last few years and this is a very bad advertisement for their sportsbikes. I think at first they have to fix their WSB-efforts with at least regular podium finishes, then they could return to MotoGP. Get some success then get back! I will miss the greens but rather miss them than see them at the back all the time. Kawasaki is better than that! :)

1 2  »