MotoGP » EXCLUSIVE Kevin Schwantz - Q&A

Jim Clausen

January 14, 2009 7:12 PM

"Spending from the public will turn around and sales of motorbikes will go up, so people can get back into the pinnacle of the sport within the next couple of years."
Kevin Schwantz

I don''t agree. Tighten your belt, Buckaroos. I''d bet we won''t see things like they were for a long, long time. When prosperity does reappear it may no longer be Europe and the U.S. at the forefront of spending. This will make for a dramatic shift in the motorsports paradigm.

Tree - Unregistered

January 14, 2009 9:03 PM

I thought the major problem that Kevin would have seen at his school, would be guys trying to emulate his motogp riding style and crashing.

Harry Nicol - Unregistered

January 14, 2009 9:24 PM

Whoever has the opportunity to go to Kevin's scholl GO! I have lost count how many times we had fun at Road Atlanta. To the previous comment the people out on the track are very well behaved, yes an occassion spilling but rarely chasing Kevin: he sits behind and gets a feeling how good you are then he might tease you my getting infrongt and push a bit more. I do remember getting a toune lashing after coming down hill at turn 10 at a fair speed to find Kevin 3 students going a lot slower: I cut on the inside passing all and dissappeared! He was not pleased, your are not supposed pass on the insided, but on turn 10 outside is pretty hard. Anyway always been made very welcome .. great people!

Ray Von

January 14, 2009 10:14 PM

You can still see Kevin's heart is still at Suzuki, being a Suzuki man myself i can sort of sense the desperation when the Suzuki team comes up short and hope they can make the leap to egular top 5 finishes.

Rossconz - Unregistered

January 15, 2009 2:17 AM

As a top flight rider who thrilled a lot of people including many non motorcyclists Kevin's opinion's must count, I agree with previous comments about no mention of Jorge as I believe he has the potential to be champ but I certainly agree with Kevin's opinion on Spies, this guy has real class! I expect to see him on a moto gp bike soon ( economy allowing), as for Suzuki, if anybody knows the inside story Kevin will, I hope they have a good 2009, they at least put SOME effort into racing unlike anoth Japanese manufacturer who I won't bother to name! Kevin will always be one of my hero's, yes he did crash but was he spectacular! rather like Jorge!

Matt - Unregistered

January 15, 2009 12:41 PM

Yeah, I was stumped by the lack of Jorge's name being mentioned as well. I would have mentioned him over Dovisioso. And if he stops crashing he'll be better than Pedrosa as well because Jorge isn't afraid of a battle.

1 2 3  »