F1 » Hamilton: I'm a little bit overwhelmed

Lewis Hamilton: I'm so grateful for the work the engineers and mechanics did for me, and it's all down to them really.

Firestorm

July 06, 2013 5:25 PM

Fantastic job by Lewis. He is now to three poles the same as Nico. Things are looking great again for him. I think it was an interesting qualifying and everything is spicing up for a great race. We know for sure that Mercedes manages better the tyres than they use to do. So he should be able to pose a real challenge to the Bulls. Kimi is just fourth and with Lotus being able to save their tyres better than the guys in front of them, he can really challenge for a race victory. And Ferrari is starting the race on medium tyres. I think that they are up to something, it looks that this was their original plan. Rosberg too can make a different choice from 11th, so I expect a really thrilling race.

Ptolemy

July 06, 2013 5:48 PM

Oh yeah, now Lulu is equal to Nico on poles, with a little help from 'inside' the paddock. Just push him into the garage. He didn't cost nearly as much as Lulu. We CAN'T let him beat Lulu. But wait. Nico has won 2 races this year, even with his team favoring Lulu, and all the 'mechanical problems.'

XIII

July 06, 2013 6:21 PM

@Ptolemy

You are a disgrace to your name,It really doesn't suit you..What Lewis has done for merc is what Ducati was expecting from Valentino Rossi but failed to deliver..Even if Lewis fails to win a race this season for Merc at least he has knocked 1/2 a sec off their pace and Nico is benefiting off that.Look at where Mac is at after he left them..I know you don't like him but damn,don't let that cloud your judgement.

yachtJohn

July 06, 2013 7:58 PM

Shouldn't that quote be "I have NOT been with Mercedes a long time and it's a great result for us to achieve pole here in Germany". I mean, he essentially drove for McLaren his entire racing career until 8 1/2 events ago...I guess he's referring to using Mercedes engines in the McLaren's also...spin that PR comment!

bannyboy

July 06, 2013 8:29 PM

@Ptolemy

I hope you know Nico had the same chance of a good result in Q2 as LH.
Nico had same run with LH
although it was the wrong decision by the team but ultimately if Nico has matched or pass LH Q2 time this wouldn't be happening to him and how he was slowed down i don't understand.
so pls. make a sensible and object comment in future when u want to spin things around

1 2 3 4  »