BSB » ITV secure BSB terrestrial TV rights

BSB fan - Unregistered

March 30, 2009 3:41 PM

I think it was clear that ITV would want BSB back. Eurosport do a fantastic live show and the best possible enhancment to that is an ITV highlights show. I hope the midweek program is at a reasonable hour so the true fans (and their kids, the next gerneration of supporters) get to see the specticle. Great news also that James is doing it.

Higgers

March 30, 2009 4:02 PM

A hour eh? With four breaks for addys, it'll give James time to get his s**t together. Lol. Notwithstanding that, then the mid week news will be worth a watch and behind the sceens can be entertaining. With MotoGP and WSB in full flow, we'll be bang up to date. Bring it on!

flyingvee - Unregistered

March 30, 2009 4:23 PM

ITV make the BBC's coverage look top dollar! I'm all for more racing on the tele, but if that prick fronts the show again..! I can't remember his name but he does animal programmes and knows jack about bikes!

Andrew Long - Unregistered

March 30, 2009 6:10 PM

When did the BBC ever show BSB? I'm afraid ITV need to fill the gap left by the demise of F1 - to say they have a burning desire to shine the BSB torch beggars belief. Terrestrial coverage is a highlights show interspersed with adverts and is poor compared with Eurosport. But it is better than nowt....

Hedgeholer - Unregistered

March 30, 2009 8:27 PM

Terrestrial TV coverage of BSB last year was the worst yet.

If they believe ITV can get good coverage of 2 and 3 race meetings into one hour minus adverts they're insane.

Why there are so many 'This is good news' comments I genuinely don't understand.

Dan - Unregistered

March 30, 2009 9:55 PM

The reason this is such great news is because there simply wasn't ANY free to air terrestrial coverage last season so those of us without Eurosport weren't able to watch the action unless you count a few highlights on channel 4 at about 3 in the morning on a Sunday!

flyingvee - Unregistered

March 31, 2009 11:28 AM

Andrew Long, as just pointed out, BSB on BBC in 2004. I also re-call it being on the BBC during the 90's.

I was also referring to the MotoGP coverage, maybe I should've made myself clearer. My point, however, was 100% valid. Unlike yours :)

1 2  »