BSB » Rutter: I wasn't happy from the word go

Dangerboy - Unregistered

May 25, 2009 9:38 AM

Best of luck to him,

He's never been the mosty aggressive rider but he can still cut it when things are going right... cant wait to see how he goes at the IOM...

He's not the only rider that has been unhappy and couldn't perform in the Rob Mac team

DB

pam - Unregistered

May 25, 2009 10:00 AM

what a shame. I am a huge fan and will miss him but i hope hell be back when hes in the right frame of mind. Forget the politcs michael and just ride for yourself and enjoy it again. You are the nicest bloke in the paddock and deserve better.

joe - Unregistered

May 25, 2009 10:17 AM

Rob Mac needs to be removed from the pits because he takes the Michael out of every single rider he gets his grubby money hungry hands on. I hate him! I wish Michael Rutter the best of luck because he's got skills, just like all the other riders who Rob Mac made look poo. :rolleyes:

edward oliver

May 25, 2009 11:48 AM

Joe,that"s more than a little unfair mate. Rob is an intgral part of motorcycle sport in the UK. I saw the absolute joy in the blokes eyes when Haydon won at Knockhill in 2004. I also remember what a talented rider he was running with and on occasions beating Wayne Gardner when racing in the UK in the 80"s.He was always handicapped I think by being a big bloke on a snappy 500 2 stroke but I honestly think Rob was the fastest and most talented rider of his size and weight ever.

Reguarding team management his team won 3 back toback titles with Mackenzie, but has not had much luck since. The last time they were truley competative was in 02 when they had an outside shot at the title.

edward oliver

May 25, 2009 11:56 AM

I think Rob"s superbike effort has suffered in recent years from the enormous logistical operation of running the R6 cup,but look at the young riders it has brought through. I also think he has taken a lot of flack this year for shouting how good theR1 was going to be running loads of tests and then getting thrased by a team who didn"t do any, though I do believe that some of the blame there lies with Walker because with all the testing they did that bike should have been on the podium by now. Lets hope it all comes together this weekend for them.

Jerry Atrick - Unregistered

May 25, 2009 12:38 PM

Rutter might be a nice guy and all that, but he is well past it.
His best (& last) chance was a few years back when he rode with Kiyo for HM Plant. He couldn't do it, and even then Honda said he was too slow and too expensive.
Hang your leathers up now mate - best people remember you when you were capable of getting a podium, rather than grubbing round at the back like now.

Nitro Nori

May 25, 2009 6:40 PM

Eh..? How does that work then ? 'It was mainly down to me not being in the right frame of mind'... but then goes on to say 'I'm used to being spoilt and having 3 or 4 mechanics' plus 'I wasn't being paid when I was told I would be'. That sounds more like contractual breaches and team organisation / garage setup issues than anything to do with being in the wrong frame of mind. A professional racer who has been around as long as Rutter has and makes his living racing bikes at the top level of domestic UK racing can't just quit because he's 'not in the mood' this week. Smacks to me of Rutter being ever the 'nice guy' and being politically correct rather than fully open about the issues....

Nitro Nori

May 25, 2009 6:43 PM

inside Mcelnae's squad. At the end of the day, if you ain't getting paid then that's a contractual dispute above anything else, especially if the other 3 or 4 riders are, and I can't believe Walker would stick around and not be paid somehow either. Get him on the Guintoli bike and see how he goes on that. Valentine should know him well from the TT already.

rutter nut - Unregistered

May 25, 2009 7:11 PM

Now tell us the full story michael thats just the tip of the ice berg. not getting paid not getting the mechanics you need and not in the right frame of mind..... the person not in the right frame of mind is rob mac!!!!! your a great rider rutter hope to see you back soon on a bike that isnt a piece of ****

1 2  »