BSB » Camier: I never expected such a 'dream' season

Runaway 2009 British Superbike (BSB) Champion Leon Camier admits that his and GSE Racing's accomplishments this year took him completely by surprise - as he fears for the team's future in 2010 following title sponsor Airwaves' departure...

CarbonFiber

December 03, 2009 10:04 PM

Bright future!
I posted previous comments about other riders that could use the job, but I have changed my mind. Seems to have his head screwed on straight, humble and gifted. I don't get to watch BSB, but they are obviously doing something right producing all these good riders. I'm just upset that are AMA is failing. We have a lot of good riders that could compete at the world level. AMA should adopt BSB rules and be done with it. The "yank" that controls it is trying to turn it into NASCAR and is running it into the ground. I know this is off the subject, but I'm glad for Camier and pissed at our system. So how much does it cost to watch BSB on the internet?

Sick Cylinder - Unregistered

December 03, 2009 10:54 PM

CarbonFiber - BSB is shown live on Eurosport - I beleive that you can watch it from their website, but I don't know the details. You could e-mail them for more info. Also worth checking out the official BSB site.

It would be nice to see some more Americans in WSB - I don't know what Hopper is doing next year. Any news?

CarbonFiber

December 03, 2009 11:39 PM

hey if I made enough money I would get my teeth fixed too. I think he went for the hollywood upgrade. Yamapimp, i agree it is funny. Yay whats the deal with Hopper. He started off with so much potential in AMA. He had some shining moments in GP and seemed to always have the B bikes. too many wrecks? Whats up John?

Phil - Unregistered

December 04, 2009 9:05 AM

Leon had a pretty much perfect year, although of course, it could have been so different if Sylvan hadn't got injured. On paper, at the start of the year, Ellison should have been stronger than his team-mate.
Good luck in WSB, Leon.

scooterfan - Unregistered

December 04, 2009 10:23 AM

Glad that Leon is moving on to WSB,and he did have an awesome year,but kind of disappointed that he did not say anything about the crew that gave him the best bike to ride....So I will say it way to go Airwaves mechanics and techs.Good Luck to all of you!!!