BSB » Seeley makes dream debut in Brands practice

Reigning National Superstock 1000 Champion Alastair Seeley showed the expected big guns the way around Brands Hatch's Indy Circuit in the first BSB practice session of 2010 - a full eight tenths of a second clear of anybody else

Greebo - Unregistered

April 02, 2010 6:18 PM

Nice to see the boy do well. One swallow doesn't make a summer but I think this shows both the Relentless boys have come with their racing boots on this year at least.

tardozzi - Unregistered

April 02, 2010 8:26 PM

this lad is a racer? and has rode superbikes in ireland ,for a few years (and can ride one ok) look at the job he done in s/stock last year ?? when he gets familier with this bike (electronics etc)he will be a danger later in the season ,hes also won 2 NW200 races ,top drawer stuff ??

JJW - Unregistered

April 02, 2010 8:54 PM

tardozzi- I don't understand the question marks?????

As you suggested there is no question about Alastair Seeley's past successes and abilities. I don't like road racing anymore and hope he just sticks to the track and goes on to the world championships and succeeds there. He has the ability and talent and I wish him all the best on Monday.

mike hunt - Unregistered

April 02, 2010 9:48 PM

He put some good performances in on the Stobart bike a few years ago and I was surprised that he didn't do better the first time around on the TAS bike.

Everybody focuses on the HM Plant, Worx, Swan and Motorpoint boys but the Relentless, Buildbase and well pretty much everyone else are going to spring a few suprises...

Hugh Janus - Unregistered

April 03, 2010 1:12 AM

I live in New Zealand but my old man has been telling me about this fella for a while now so when I heard he was part of the invited group coming to race against Australia's current Superbike riders at a one off race in Perth I was paying attention. The guys were all on locally sourced showroom bikes (I believe) with basic stuff like pipes and Power Commanders etc. It was a great meeting and fiercely contested. I don't know if it was reported on back in the snowy northern lands.

h t t p : / / tiny.cc/vwv3r (you'll need to remove the gaps)

I picked him up for a bargain deal for my MCN Fantasy League Team - watch him go! I will be :) :)

PS. Is the BSB available to watch on-line at all

Locks46+91&38

April 03, 2010 1:53 AM

Holy c**p i didn't see that one coming.Then again this isn't the first time i have read about him.Doesn't matter what stage of the season we are at you don't top any timesheet if you are rubbish.@ Hugh Janus you certainly got one up on me there.You have just got me in a panic with my fantasy road race team. Will be watching him closely.Have a good season man.But not too good :)

Locks46+91&38

April 03, 2010 2:04 AM

@ Hugh Janus forgot to mention over here we have British Eurosport i guess you should be able to pick up the races on it over there.It is available on line on monthly or yearly subs.Its about £4 a month over here.Don,t know what it will be over your way.Hope you get to watch it man its going to be a good season despite that stupid new ruling.

1 2  »