BSB » Brands Hatch GP - Free practice times (2)

Full free practice times (2) for the eighth round of the MCE British Superbike Championship at Brands Hatch.

Felix Rae

August 06, 2010 6:49 PM

WTF? Why is Sykes racing? Is he trying to boost his confidence or hinting at where he will be next year?

That is just taking valuable points off riders that really need them, being so close to the "showdown" races!

50cc racer - Unregistered

August 06, 2010 7:17 PM

Ok fine
what do you reckon the excuses will be from Tommy Hill lol

Hes about where I would rank him in the UK

I think my girlfriend would have lapped faster on the fastest bike in the championship

It was dry too, so he will have to did deep into the excuse book ! :) :) :) :)

greycat - Unregistered

August 06, 2010 7:48 PM

I would imagine that Sykes/Paul Bird will withdraw their results from the standing regardless of the result. I cannot for one minute think that they will let their results stand thus affectively influencing BSB point standings.

I also think that it's great that Sykes is racing.....in WSK the bike is significantly under-performing, so it will be be a good yardstick to compare BSB against a WSK rider/bike.

Al

August 06, 2010 8:15 PM

"I would imagine that Sykes/Paul Bird will withdraw their results from the standing regardless of the result"

Well they didn't do it last year so I doubt they would bother this year either.

Reminds me of many years ago when a certain works Kawasaki rider arrived at Snetterton for a club meeting to get some setup work done on his 250 (may have been the 350 it was a looonngg time ago) before the Race of Aces meeting. He went out and ran each race walking away from the field, then on the last lap pulled into the pits, thereby DNFing every race, so as not to affect the championship points. They don't make gents like Mick Grant anymore.

Tmax 12 - Unregistered

August 07, 2010 9:49 AM

I would imagine that this is the only chance that Kawasaki WSB have of winning a race this year. That's the reality of the situation. Maybe next years ZX10 will be able to compete but for the last few years it has been the equivalent of Suzuki's Moto GP bike.
As for the comment about someones girl friend being able to go faster than Tommy Hill! You better get her out there because any female that could regularly get on the podium in any BSB class would have sponsors falling over themselves to back her financially.
And before any feminists jump on my case I have the utmost respect for any one that competes in any form of motorsport. Until you have actually raced you can't critise a rider.