BSB » Gary Mason re-signs with MSS Kawasaki

Though he failed to finish inside the overall top ten in 2010, Mason is confident his results in 2011 will be significantly better.

matto3227

January 17, 2011 11:19 AM

Owww dear... what a waste of what is sure to be a top ride next season.
Mason did NOTHING to prove himself last season, and was out preformed by his injured team mate for most of the season.
So what of Simon Andrews? What is next for him?

Sweeble - Unregistered

January 17, 2011 11:42 AM

It seems to me that Gary didn't show his form last season for various reasons, but you can't help feeling that this season is the last chance saloon. Nonetheless he's a good rider and I wish him well.

Gachet - Unregistered

January 17, 2011 12:28 PM

What a joke, I thought he'd bought the 2nd seat at Quay Garage/Tyco Honda, but he's obviously found some more money to buy the MSS ride for another season.

Regarding him not showing form last season, has he ever show any form? He's had plenty of decent rides, such as Virgin Yamaha, Stobbart Honda, Hydrex Honda and MSS Kawaski and done nothing with any of them. He didn't show much promise in his supersport days either. Before someone says what about winning the privateers cups, well I'm sure the bike wasn't the old nail the commentators made it out to be and there really wasn't much compeition.

SuperSykes - Unregistered

January 17, 2011 12:56 PM

I'm not sure how I feel about this, I like Mason and want him to do well. Ok so he may not have produced the goods but I think he can, it's just, I think, his window of performance is very small and he needs things set up perfectly whereas a Brookes or Kiyo etc can get on a bike and nail it even with less than perfect set up. Fair play to him and hope he gets bang on it but like others, i'm wondering about Si Andrews. I think he's shown a lot of promise and if he had won that ill fated race at Mallory and not got smashed up at Valencia he would be up there challenging for the BSB title.....hope he gets a solid ride and gets his form back ASAP.

Rich - Unregistered

January 17, 2011 1:23 PM

I get the feeling Si Andrews may have given up on the whole BSB thing. There has been talk of him moving over to the states to race drift cars/AMA. I also remember a story on him considering a season of pure road racing.

I hope ths isnt the case as he is a quality rider and an asset to BSB but with such few BSB rides left it is looking more likely.

mart - Unregistered

January 17, 2011 2:33 PM

Dont understand this, can only presume he had a 2yr contract or brings a lot of cash with him. Dont get me wrong mason is a good rider, but not up to andrews standard. but saying that andrews does throw it up the road a bit. Hope andrews gets the relentles ride as he is a real charger and faster than linfoot.

HEREWEGOAGAIN - Unregistered

January 17, 2011 2:34 PM

Im sorry but for me this is 110% down to what money he has bought to the team,

i mean surely Lowry would have been a better bet but i bet this is AGAIN down to money, cos lowry stuggled last year to get money for a ride hence why he wasnt at relentless

i mean id rather have any of these currently without a ride Lowry,a fully fit andrews,linfoot even the likes of alex lowes and gowland (i know they have rides now but they would have done a great job in a team like this)

well this def has to be last chance saloon for mason cos he has the team and aparrantly the bike, good luck to him though

1 2 3  »