BSB » Kiyonari expresses shock at Japan tragedy

The 2010 British Superbike Champion confirms his family are safe and well after the double disaster.

Cubikrube - Unregistered

March 14, 2011 4:27 PM

A truly terrible tragedy for the people of Japan. Glad Kiyo and family are ok. I've heard from my mate in Japan and he is fine as his family. He's a friend of Nori's and has said that Nori and his family are also ok.
You get a famine somewhere and you can donate to a charity....how can we help with this?
My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by these awful events

matty - Unregistered

March 14, 2011 4:58 PM

I would just like to say that iam pleased that kiyo's family are ok, and iam very sad to see whats happend in Japan,god bless everyone whos been cought up in this disaster,and lets hope things get back to normal as soon as possible.

Sick Cylinder - Unregistered

March 14, 2011 5:49 PM

Wise words from kiyo.

I hope that even if Kiyo doesn't win at the opening round that the BSB riders express their sympathy and dedicate their wins to those affected in Japan. Sadly this disaster seems to be getting worse with news of further problems with the nuclear reactor.

Cubikrube - thank you for updating us via your personal contacts.

JOHN - Unregistered

March 14, 2011 6:41 PM

I am glad you and family are ok Ryuichi- like you,I am saddened for all those that are not so fortunate. I just hope all the overpaid 'stars' ie golfers, premier league footballers etc do their bit to help. Good luck with your racing Ryuichi

Ian S - Unregistered

March 14, 2011 9:52 PM

Good news for Kiyo and his family after this awful tragedy. I have been to Japan many times and am familiar with many of the places we have been seeing on the news. We currently have a couple of Japanese engineers visiting us for a few weeks. One of them is from Sendai and has been unable to contact anyone at all, which makes the current disaster even more poignant for me. All my best wishes to our friends in Japan.

SHEENE7

March 14, 2011 10:31 PM

Every news item i watch and every report i read about what's happened in Japan make's me feel so sad at the amount of people that lost their lives and those who survived but have lost everything.If there's one country that can pull together and rebuild itself quickly then it's Japan.It's a terrible situation caused by an act of nature.That kind of makes you think about all the man made bullsh1t going on in the world caused by greed and ego and just how pointless it all is.

gellis - Unregistered

March 15, 2011 8:48 AM

Sheen7. I could not agree with you more! Kind of puts everything into perspective, the world is a fragile place! My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone that has been affected in this terrible disaster.

Sweeble

March 15, 2011 12:50 PM

I just feel that it's at moments like this when we'll see what the Japanese people are made of, they'll get back up, dust themselves down and show us why such a small Island is the world's third biggest economy.

It's this kind of spirit I hear in Kiyo's aim to win the first race. Really sad for Japan, but selfishly glad that this apalling event hasn't also deprived us of Kiyo.

kimey - Unregistered

March 15, 2011 1:12 PM

Kind of puts everything into perspective a bit doesn't it. Next time you moan about being the weather being cold or wet or windy just think how lucky we all are. Is it just me or does anyone else look at the footage and feel so helpless?

Jeff - Unregistered

March 15, 2011 4:00 PM

Those images on the news certainly shocked me. Very scarey just watching it, let alone being caught up in it. Its the kids i feel most sorry for. Come on you world leaders, stop all these conflicts for a while, and lets all club together and help these people get back on their feet.

1 2  »