BSB » Oulton Park - Free practice times (2)

Full free practice times (2) for the second round of the 2011 MCE British Superbike Championship at Oulton Park.

Mokka - Unregistered

April 30, 2011 6:37 PM

Well I guess we can only compare her to her team mate then. Funny how her doubters were getting told to wait and see what she'd do at her home circuit. I'm sure a stock RSV4 wouldn't be far off that.

Great to see Baz up there, what an exciting talent. When he's in MotoGp he'll be a great advert for the BSB Championship!

Al

April 30, 2011 7:15 PM

FFS give it a rest, Jenny only managed one lap in first practice and 3 in the second, she's fairly unlikely to put in a representative time with that sort of mileage (for the record she was doing mid 41s last year on her SS bike)

Llort Murof - Unregistered

April 30, 2011 8:12 PM

Al, if people didn't make excuses for her then people wouldn't counter comment on her. She's just another back-marker as far as I'm concerned. If she wasn't female then no one would mention her, that's essentially why she got her place on the grid. Good luck to her as with the rest, but I don't see what all the fuss is about. Hopefully that team will get a better machine, I'd love to see another manufacturer further up the grid.

Agreed Baz is a star of the future, interesting that one so young and obviously talented is taking the SBK path as apposed to the GP route which usually hoovers up the european talent. Are the bigger Yamaha involved in his progression?

Roll on qualifying, I expect a HM Plant resurgence - just got that feeling....

Oi Mokka.

How is that most threads someone mentions Jenny Tinmouth you jump up like a clay pigeon when someone's shouted pull and launch into a misogonistic tirade that would have Sid the Sexist green with envy?

She is not setting the track on fire.
But she's doing nothing especially wrong given her exposure so far to BSB and the problems the team is obviously having with those Aprilias.

Are you worried a lass can run track times you couldn't touch?

Mokka - Unregistered

April 30, 2011 8:56 PM

If you're going to use smart words at least speel them reet! (I only know because I had to look up what it meant) :p

By the stock RSV4 comment I was having a dig at the team, not her. If she gets the better of Hudson throughout the season I'll be surprised, all I said was that folk were saying that she should have got the nod ahead of her teammate at Brands are wrong.

I firmly believe she is there for marketing reasons, which are working as we are discussing a backmarker.

She may be quicker than me, but I'll get as many BSB points as her this season :) Very intelligent argument BTW kiddo

Sid T Sexist - Unregistered

April 30, 2011 9:06 PM

According to MCN they are taking the gear-driven cams from her team mate's machine for Jenny's benefit.

As she performed so well today without them the team are sure that the added performance to her Dyson Cyclone 4 will allow her to complete the entrance and dining area in record time. :)

cruachan - Unregistered

April 30, 2011 11:01 PM

Where did you see that Sid, can't see it on the MCN website unless I'm going daft?

Seeing as the gear driven cams are banned in SBK I'd be very surprised if they are legal in BSB. AFAIK the homologation rules are kept the same and the Pirelli deal was put in place to encourage SBK wildcards.

1 2  »