BSB » John Hopkins ends 11-year wait for victory

Finishing second and first at Oulton Park, Hopkins becomes the first American rider to win at BSB level.

G.O.M. - Unregistered

May 03, 2011 12:21 PM

Like I said before, he's the most talented rider in BSB at the moment. I'll be really surprised if John doesn't play a big part in the fight for the championship in his 1st year.

ShortRound77 - Unregistered

May 03, 2011 12:35 PM

Really happy for the guy. Turned his life around, got healthy and injury-free. Like him or not, he's one talented racer. And a real character. We need that in racing nowadays. Guys like Rossi, Simoncelli and Hopkins make me want to go to a racetrack and watch the racing. Drones like Stoner, Spies and Lorenzo, not so much.

roadking03 - Unregistered

May 03, 2011 1:07 PM

Being an American I am over the moon seeing Hopkins get the win....But I am also a Tommy Hill and a Stuart Easton fan and wish Tommy would have been on the track as well....would have been an awesome battle....But congrats to Hopkins and hope to see him running with the pack the rest of the season........

fu@ck.it - Unregistered

May 03, 2011 1:07 PM

@ShortRound77
boring black and white judgments...for me they're all same I've just got tired of Rossi recently, long enough so it's time for others and Hopkins' win is great! btw. if Schumacher wouldn't end his carrere and be inred car till now I would forget F1. Any opera has it's end.

sedjo - Unregistered

May 03, 2011 1:13 PM

Posted this on Tuesday after Brands....

Pretty promising start for JH. In contention in both races. Unfortunate get off in race one but a solid 5th in the second.I think Oulton will suit him better,in fact I quite fancy him for a podium next weekend.

So excuse me if I engage smug mode.

Great racing at Oulton on Monday congrats to all the riders for great entertainment. But special congratulations for the Hopper, it was fantastic to see him come through after the rough time he's been having.Good to see the reception he got from the fans too. Has to be said the results may have been different if Tommy Hill hadn't been sidelined but that's racing.

Good luck for the rest of the season John.

ShortRound77 - Unregistered

May 03, 2011 1:48 PM

@fu@ck.it: Nothing black&white about it. I want to watch real racers who appreciate their position and acknowledge that they are in the position they are in, because of the fans. Rossi, Sic and Hopper want to win and put on a good show. These guys have character. Think Spies is a bit dull, but like him, especially as he has real speed. And Stoner? That guy just wants to race on his own, nobody else to complain about. 'Oh no, he cut me off...' Boo freekin' hoo!

Andy Coumbe

May 03, 2011 4:21 PM

my loyalties are now divided! I want Hopper AND Shakey to win the championship!

Did I read somewhere that Hopper is technically a brit? I do hope so, or we will have to adopt him, like we did PF Chilli!

crgrbrts

May 03, 2011 4:26 PM

It is terrific to see a really nice guy overcome personal and professional challenges so bravely and well. It was reward enough for a fan like me to see Hopper's smile return this year -- but a victory (the first of many we're sure) -- wow! All good things to John!

1 2 3 4  »