BSB » Kirkham: I’ve won a BSB race!

The Samsung Crescent Suzuki rider won out in a tussle with John Hopkins to claim a long-awaited victory.

st ninians - Unregistered

May 16, 2011 3:46 PM

Nothing less than he deserved,Jon is a class rider,he thinks as he races instead of just roaring in out of control.
Well desreved win and the first of more to come,great job by all of his crew and backed up by Hopper a team who deserves the credit.

TC - Unregistered

May 16, 2011 4:34 PM

A really impressive win, looked very smooth and in control but a real shame that in the second race from pole he ended up being scuppered by Laverty who seems to be a bit out of control this season.

Crunchie - Unregistered

May 16, 2011 8:29 PM

Awesome ride by JK.
Winning a Superbike race is a not a bad acheivement for a lad who is only a 'SUPERSTOCK' rider and not capable of winning a superbike race if you believe all the c**p that gets posted on this forum.

Yamapimp - Unregistered

May 16, 2011 8:32 PM

@ at st. Ninians. I don't think there will be that many more wins, if any. 2 top 5's in 111 starts is not a bsb champion. However, well done to the lad nevertheless

Yamapimp - Unregistered

May 16, 2011 8:38 PM

@ crunchy. It's not what one believes. It's just opinions. I personally don't think jk has what it takes to step up to the mark on a permanent basis. He was very lucky to win in the first place. However, I am prepared to tip my cap to him should he prove me wrong but IN MY OPINION he won't. He will win the odd race, yes. But be one champion? I very much doubt it

over the moon - Unregistered

May 16, 2011 9:41 PM

I'm sure he'll be going all out, now that the pimps hat is prepared to be tipped? What a grand prize and trophy to have, something to work hard for..that pimp guy is a racing legend...even if he does suffer from twarty vagitis.

Dave - Unregistered

May 16, 2011 9:51 PM

I love the titpimps casual "oh he may win something or other" , he's already got there, has a win, unlike many! You make it seem so easy to do...its not..oh no! I wonder who you DO rate this year??

Yamapimp - Unregistered

May 16, 2011 11:00 PM

@ dave and over the moon. Read my comments properly. All I'm saying is I'm prepared to admit I'm wrong, if indeed I am. Not many are prepared to admit they're wrong, but I am. I'm not saying it's easy cos it's not. Hence the reason I think he won't make the grade. As has been said, not many get the chance to win at bsb and even fewer get the chance to be champion. He's good, but not good enough to be British Superbike champion. Who do I rate? Obviously not jk.

1 2 3  »