BSB » Tinmouth leaves Splitlath Aprilia

"The team and Jenny have parted company by mutual agreement"

Colin Brooks - Unregistered

May 24, 2011 4:14 PM

Ummm not a good start to the season for our Jen when great things expected... mutual consent?? ummm. I wonder? I understood she commented that she was not going to IoM so she could concentrate on BSB. Fred at NW200 in commentry said her bike was going to IoM for a Kiwi to ride along with her team mate Hudson. Yep lets hope we see Jenny back very soon.

john - RTS - Unregistered

May 24, 2011 4:36 PM

Don't want to sound harsh but its not like its a great loss, now before you all start no doubt Jenny could kick my **** on a race bike but it's not like she was on an upwards path to the title one day. Nothing but admiration for anyone who races at this level but perhaps a lower level would be more rewarding for all involved. Just my opinion , again props for getting this far but .........

PurpleHaze - Unregistered

May 24, 2011 4:57 PM

Having tried to follow Jenny (not for long) on a racetrack many times, she certainly has what it takes and is way more talented and driven than a lot of the guys in BSB. Alas its still the case that because she is a woman, few take her seriously. Hope someone sees past this and gives her a ride on a more reliable bike. :-)

sleepy - Unregistered

May 24, 2011 5:29 PM

@ John. I have to agree really. I fully accept that Jenny could beat me hands down on a bike, but it is rather patronising to all the would be BSB riders who are good enough when she cannot get within 9 seconds of pole, not to mention dangerous. If she was a man she would not have a ride in BSB. End of. Sorry it sounds harsh, but that is reality.
I eagerly await being proven wrong though.

Randall M - Unregistered

May 24, 2011 5:40 PM

From a yank: Seems like SPlitlaff wasn't ready for the season - lack of parts Withdrew Rd 1, Jenny got the orange meatball black flag in rd 2 practice
and even Hudson Kenaugh isn't acheiving on a full spec BSB Aprilia as he did last season on the EVO spec. bike. No sponsorship Tinmouth's comments were all class... no comment from the Team. I hope we see her land well in BSS or SS1000 A one or 2 round ride with Team WFR would be interesting since Alex Lowes bailed and Gowland has been out/injured. but with the unreasonable contract WFR offered Lowes I'd be leery of a long term deal with that team.

Randall M

Jimbob - Unregistered

May 24, 2011 5:41 PM

I questioned why only Jenny keeps crashing the Aprilia bike. Hudson hasn't has he? And didn't he finish 10th or soemething at Croft last week?

I think she was perhaps out of her depth and realised and has moved on before she got hurt.

1 2 3 4 5  »