BSB » Leader Byrne out to maintain momentum

Shane Byrne is feeling relaxed heading to Knockhill as he seeks to build on his three British Superbike victories so far.

Sweeble

June 15, 2011 4:20 PM

As a Shakey fan, the big question for me has to be 'Where next?'. I reckon he'll either win BSB this season, or come damn close, but where can he go? I don't want him to become a BSB prisoner like Kiyo, I think he belongs on the world stage - WSBK?, WSS? Moto2?

SHEENE7

June 15, 2011 7:13 PM

I don't see Shakey going anywhere else now.He's had a stint in Moto GP and WSB but on below par bikes.Unless he gets a full factory bike for WSB i think he will stay in BSB.How old is he now,mid 30s ?? Can't see him leaving now especially if he is in a team on a bike where he can win week in week out,not much motivation making up the numbers in any other series on a crap bike.He'd be better off staying in BSB and maybe riding at the British rounds of WSB as a wildcard,would be good to see what he could do against those guys on his factory bike,which I've said before.

Jon - Unregistered

June 15, 2011 7:25 PM

I believe Byrne has opened a can of whoop ass on the WSB field as a wildcard once before Sheene. Perhaps HM Plant should move to WSB, who knows what they could have done with that bike compared to TK.

John - Unregistered

June 15, 2011 10:40 PM

I say he should win BSB again (or at least the sensible part i.e. the proper rounds before that 'Shoot-out' / engineered for TV and ticket sales load of b0ll0cks) and then get back into WSBK on a Ten-Kate fireblade or any decent factory ride.

Maybe then he can silence the doubters and prove he is world class.

I'd even be happy to see him go to WSS and woop-ass at every round, win it, then get a proper factory ride in WSBK and woop ass there too.

blogger - Unregistered

June 16, 2011 9:43 PM

“I am ready to get back out on the HM Plant Honda Fireblade at Knockhill" - do you think he really said "HM Plant Honda Fireblade" in that sentence?, I somehow doubt it, marketing ****e.

John - Unregistered

June 17, 2011 7:06 AM

If his pre-podium interviews are anything to go by, he probably did say that. He always says 'My HM Plant Honda Team provided me with an awesome bike again today...etc...etc...'

So he has the presence of mind to include the sponsors names when interviewed, so why not this time ?

Sweeble

June 17, 2011 8:33 AM

@John - Shakey hasn't got anything left to prove in BSB, so I'd like to see him make a do or die effort in the WSBK Kawasaki team - that would be interesting.

The thing I like about Shakey apart from his fast and wild riding style is that he always remembers the team and his fans. If you go to a race, he'll always give you a wave or pull a wheelie/do a burnout after the race, I know it's childish, but I just like that kind of thing. He is also always happy to have a chat with you if you can catch up with him. He really should be in WSBK

Lawson - Unregistered

June 17, 2011 9:39 AM

I agree with Sweeble, There are several racers out there who are to boring. If im paying £25/£30 to come and watch a days racing i expect to see a professional rider pull wheelies and do burn outs after the race ( if they have had a decent result anyway). Its part of the entertainment. Shakey is always showing off after the race , its this kind of attitude after the races that gains you fans .

Fingers crossed he will win the championship and go back to WSBK on a good bike . Not Kawasaki though.