BSB » Snetterton - Race results (2)

Full race results (2) for the sixth round of the 2011 MCE British Superbike Championship at Snetterton.

RawDawg

July 03, 2011 6:07 PM

@DrifterJake

I watch the races at sportzkrieg dot com.

Shakey passed Hopper on the last lap with a brilliant pass and Hopper counter with his own but bobbled at the apex and had to stand it up which made it not so brilliant! LOL! He ran to the edge of the track and forced Shakey off with Kiyo and Brooks picking up the scraps!

Fantastic result for good ol' Jay Z aka Jake Zemke. Finally got to a track were he was on more of a level playing field and came good with his first Evo win!

Richard Mushet

July 03, 2011 6:22 PM

The original race was red flagged after Alex Lowes' bike dumped it's guts in the first turn and poor old Brogan and Andrews came off on the fluid.

Simon's broken his tib and fib and Dangerscouse has hurt his shoulder. Their bikes look like there's nothing salvageable as they were a good 20-30ft in the air...

I only saw the couple of replays on Eurosport though - I'd fallen asleep during the Supersport race - what exactly happened between Lowes' bike dumping all over the track and the riders coming off? Was it a matter of seconds, or was it an avoidable incident?

Also, anyone else think the new circuit layout is pretty dire from a viewing point of view? There were some really boring races this afternoon.

RawDawg

July 03, 2011 6:23 PM

MASSIVE accident with Andrews and Brogan. When I say massive I mean massive - I've never seen a bike go so high in the air - it looked like something out of the movies. One of the guys said it looked like a bomb going off. From the reports one of them broke their leg.

dave from the don - Unregistered

July 03, 2011 7:49 PM

i was kind of thinking that myself, about the racing being a bit dull.... but there are plenty of passing places, and race 2 of the superbikes had some good entertainment

I did my first ever track day there on my Thundercat (pussycat) earlier this year, so i have some fond memories of my own. Got my knee down for the first time ever at the Montreal hairpin, and later ran off the track at Oggies...... so it was funny to see all the other riders getting it all wrong there!