BSB » John Hopkins hails ‘make-or-break’ season

John Hopkins's career turnaround is almost complete as he prepares for British Superbike D-Day at Brands Hatch.

cerv750

October 06, 2011 10:39 AM

Massive respect for John for the way he's gone about his racing this year. Personally I'd love to see him spearhead a Suzuki revival in WSBK, but whatever he does next year he's going to have plenty of fans behind him.

Wolfy35

October 06, 2011 11:11 AM

The way that John has overcome his personal demons that almost wrecked his whole life nevermind his career and then returned to racing showing us just hoe good he was and now is again is commendable.

I am genuinely torn this weekend I really want to see Tommy Hill win the BSB title but also want to see Hopper win it as well, infact most of the riders on the grid deserve to win the title, except IMHO Kiyo who has been a shadow of the rider we have come to expect, Because this year has been full of such good racing

Paul46 - Unregistered

October 06, 2011 11:25 AM

Wolfy35 - I am the same, I am torn between the top 3 guys. Realistically it is going to be Hill vs Hopkins, I would like to see Tommy Hill take it as hes a Brit and has ridden a great 2nd half of the season. I also am a Hopper fan and would like to see him take the title. I guess I will be happy either way! I reckon these 2 guys can deliver some great racing though which is the main thing, looking forward to getting to Brands this weekend! Give Crescent their Worx support back and get them into WSBK if Hopper doesn't get a MotoGP ride. The team deserve to progress as much as the rider, they have done a consistantly good job and would be at the sharp end of WSBK no doubt.

Juice - Unregistered

October 06, 2011 2:56 PM

I hope he wins the title and the goes to World Superbike next year as I think he will be a front runner there and hopefully win the title there his first year, just like Ben Spies. I don't think going back to MotoGP is a good thing as I think he will have better success in WSBK. Good luck Hopper and bring the title back to the U.S.!

Joeski

October 06, 2011 7:02 PM

Much respect to Hopper...like others, I am torn between him and Hill winning the title. I really like Hill and was gutted for him last year and I truly believe he deserves a title...well let me reword that.. he has earned a title, he was a victim of the BSB format last year, in my opinion. Anyway, I was always a Hopper fan and his come back is amazing (although I knew he had the ability). For sure a top ride in WSBK would be best because he is not going to get a top factory ride in MGP and in GPs he would be relegated to (possibly) best of the rest status. More success is forth coming in WSBK for Hopper, as I see it right now....but hey, I've been wrong before..

Joeski

October 06, 2011 7:13 PM

@ Juice,
Well it truly wouldn't be his first year in WSBK because he was with the now non-existent Stiggy Team in 2009 but had a terrible time there with injuries and could not really beat Haslam...with that said, I think he is "revived and rejuvenated" and is close to his best and is in a better position now to manage a challenge for the WSBK title...as long as he is with a top team with proper funding and machinery. Suzuki would be his best bet but with the "sad" efforts of Suzuki in the last 2 years....I do not know which team he would be with. I would love to see him in GPs again but let's face it, he would be fighting for at best a top five/fourth (once in a while)on a great day with Suzuki who has not even committed to the 1000cc era yet.

1 2  »