BSB » Kiyonari: I don’t know what is wrong

Ryuichi Kiyonari admits he doesn't know why his performance in 2011 has been so inconsistent as he apologises to his team.

Sick Cylinder - Unregistered

October 10, 2011 11:22 AM

He has been a good champion and he won the Suzuka 8 hour this year so I think it would be best if he went back to the Japanese championship and I am sure it would be better for his family - which I presume is what he hints at when he mentions personal problems.

Paul46 - Unregistered

October 10, 2011 11:32 AM

From watching him at Brands this weekend, on the bike he looked nervous and uncomfortable. it was like he jsut didn't want to be there. He is clearly talented, 2 BSB titles, WSBK wins and Suzuka 8 hours wins suggest he can ride a bike. Maybe Hopper can give him some advice on how to get everything squared away upstairs and back riding how he can.

Ivor Bueb - Unregistered

October 10, 2011 12:10 PM

Kiyo was rubbish in BSB this year, such a shame. He has given us some class racing in the past.

I hope he gets his head straight and does better in future endeavours.

Sandy - Unregistered

October 10, 2011 12:19 PM

Can anyone elaborate on what his personal problems are....?

Knowing would make it a lot easier to understand his v.poor out of character year.

Gee bag - Unregistered

October 10, 2011 12:23 PM

I can tell you what's wrong kio, most of the top riders upped their game this year and you. Don't have what it takes. Like most Japanese riders they don't travel well. Shocking performance , let's hope he goes back to japan and frees up the ride 4 Cris Walker.

Wolfy35

October 10, 2011 12:35 PM

This year Kiyo has been a shadow of the rider he was. I think the fact that Kiyo only made it into the shootout places because Brookes took Rutter out just about says everything.

Will the Kiyo we all know return?

al t - Unregistered

October 10, 2011 3:09 PM

A lot of Kiyo's fellow japanese died this year. I don't know if he lost any friends or family, but something of that magnitude kind of puts things in context. Maybe he has reached that time in his career when riding a bike is less important than other things.

Tetley - Unregistered

October 10, 2011 3:48 PM

You don't become a bad rider overnight. Kiyo still rides well in Japan but he's clearly not happy racing in UK. I think he's simply homesick, or someone in his UK family is homesick. The only cure for that is to go home. I expect him to be looking for rides in Japan next year and I hope he finds happiness and more successes.

1 2 3  »