BSB » Kiyonari: I don’t know what is wrong

Ryuichi Kiyonari admits he doesn't know why his performance in 2011 has been so inconsistent as he apologises to his team.

f1stat - Unregistered

October 10, 2011 4:17 PM

@ al t. Sensible comments. I think to few people in the west realise just how much events in Japan in March affected Japanese away from home. Kiyo has always been up and down,unbeatable on his day but come on guys cut him some slack! Good luck in the future Kiyo

rc212v - Unregistered

October 10, 2011 4:44 PM

He seems like a little bit lost. I don't know what is affecting him - maybe he's just doing something he's not comfortable with anymore. In this case I can understand him. I'm not comfortable with my everyday life, just try to find ways to feel better and that really cuts my motivation.

Anyway good luck for the future Ryuichi. We now you're a great rider and we hope to see you on the grid next. But if you feel you need something new - just do it, and your true fans will support you.

MrQwerty

October 10, 2011 5:03 PM

Rarely have I seen such a mentally fragile rider. Not weak however, just fragile. However he is also a supremely gifted rider. 3 title and more than 40 wins tell us that, I hope he's back to his best next year, whatever he races in.

Kiyo Rulz - Unregistered

October 10, 2011 5:49 PM

I'm a big fan of Kiyo and I really hope he can sort out the personal problems and get back on track. If it means going back to Japan then that's what he should do. He is still fast obviously as he won 2 BSB races this year and the Suzuka 8 Hours, and I really hope he can get some better results next year.

darren - Unregistered

October 10, 2011 7:17 PM

dont understand kyo, give everyone a lesson at first race at oulten, apart from hill, who was hurt. hope he gets his head rite ,great guy and great bsb rider when on form. cmon kyo come back next year and win the title

long live the king - Unregistered

October 10, 2011 8:53 PM

i think alot of why kiyo has been doing poorly this year is due to the events in japan this year. i have seen videos of the suzuka 8 hours and he looked like the old kiyo blitzing it and he looked happy. since then he seems down and deflated. the team at the start of the year said that they where trying to sort out some of his personal problems but it seems that it hasn't worked out.

i feel that kiyo will go back to japan and race. i hope he doesnt but if this makes him happy it would be best for him. i hope he returns to his best as everyone knows he is one of the best riders in the world when he is on form :?

Liam48

October 11, 2011 1:14 AM

I've never liked Kiyo but it is sad to see in a way him struggling like this but maybe him being too far away fro his family after the events in Japan has just taken his focus away. He was lapped by his team mate in race 2 at Brands now that shows their is something seriously wrong... i think it's time you go back to Japan and vacate the seat to Gowland.

th - Unregistered

October 11, 2011 10:01 AM

A great rider and person , yes riders are people too .I hope he stays and gets offered a ride from an understanding team here.However Kiyo knows what he wants and I wish him and his young family the best for their future wherever they go , but firmly believe we have not heard the last of this talented young man .

MM - Unregistered

October 12, 2011 3:26 AM

I don't know what Kiyo's personal problems are either, but I hope he finds a resolution even if it should mean giving up racing, (temporarily or permanently). It's pure speculation, but events in Japan may have affected him and his extended family even if they all escaped direct involvement - such tragedies can alter a person's perspective on life and risk taking. It could just as easily be down to something altogether different but whatever the reason, he's got a lot more talent than has been on display lately and that doesn't just disappear overnight.

sunnyd - Unregistered

October 13, 2011 1:12 PM

all the w@nkers saying japanese riders dont travel well and he is mentally fragile seem to forget he has been bsb champ twice. He does need to move on to WSB or motogp to get some motivation back. With the right team of course as there are many useless teams that will destroy a riders career.

« 1 2 3  »