BSB » Brookes concludes his season in fifth

Josh Brookes scores two wins on the way to fifth position in the standings for Relentless by TAS Suzuki.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Nick Manning - Unregistered

October 11, 2011 1:42 PM

So Mr Brookes came good towards the end of the season.

I felt that he was hard done by with HM Plant, with the 2 significant crashes rumoured to be trouble with the brakes...a conclusive reason never given if I recall correctly.

A rocky start with a new team, seemed to be the same old Brookes hard riding but with a few mistakes....then came Cadwell and that move on Rutter.

If it had stuck without Rutter coming a cropper, it would have been forgotten about after the post race interviews. As it was, Rutter got hurt, Brookes was banned...rightly so in my opinion.

For me the jury is still out, no doubt that he's a good rider but can he control the aggression to aid his ride or not.

I hope he is staying for next season (dunno what contract he's on with TAS). I'll expect plenty of sparkes again if both Seeley and Brookes are on Superbikes....Jeez!!!! Imagine that

tucker - Unregistered

October 11, 2011 3:32 PM

I think Brookes will be with TAS again next year because he's doing the TT next year, he's relocated to Northern Ireland near the base of TAS, it all points to another year with them, oh and he really suits the Suzuki.

Jush - Unregistered

October 11, 2011 5:35 PM

May not have got consistent great results, but was always fast/running at the front when he crashed, gave max effort and was fun to watch. Polite in interviews too. Thats what makes for popular racers.
Hope he stays with Tas and gets better results next year.

Gobie - Unregistered

October 11, 2011 9:45 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see him at Swan Yamaha next year. Gary Ekerold rates him very highly and being from far off shores, I think Gary feels for what he's going through as a foreigner. Brookes on a Yamaha with Ekerold overseeing it all is even more exciting than the TAS option. TT is also an option with Swan??

SupaHeroz.com - Unregistered

October 11, 2011 10:55 PM

I'm a big fan of Josh, love his all or nothing style and hope he can just reign his enthusiasm in a bit to stop the mistakes and put up a challenge for the title.
I think he's been a great addition to BSB although i'd personally like to see him in Moto2.
I did see Josh tweet that he is determined to do the TT next year, hope he changes his mind on that one though.

Mogster 52 - Unregistered

October 13, 2011 12:22 PM

Overall the right result and a good solid season. His 6 non point scoring races really hurt, but you could see by the end of the year the confidence he had in the bike, especially the front end and I hope he stays with the TAS boys for next year.

As a person, he is one of the nicest guys in the paddock and fits the Relentless umage perfectly - a marketers dream in many ways.

John Cunningham - Unregistered

October 13, 2011 7:55 PM

I have been a BIG fan of Brookesy for well over 10 years the first time I saw him race in Australia... The only thing I can say is Enjoy the man ride...I have NEVER seen anyone hang it out like Joshua does....He has a style of his own and if everyone could ride like him I for 1 would Love it !!!!!!!!

Mad Phil - Unregistered

October 21, 2011 8:44 PM

Josh has got years ahead of him on the short circuits+the TT is no place to go to be searching for glory,Josh should think very carefully about this,if he must,leave it till when his career is winding down.