BSB » Seeley: BSB my only objective for 2012

Alastair Seeley: I achieved what I set out to do in the Supersport championship and I've won the National Superstock title as well, so I'm only interested in riding in British Superbikes next year

Tom - Unregistered

November 25, 2011 5:53 PM

HM Plants lineup is ok, but does it really scream title winning team? I hope Ali gets the 2nd Tyco bike. That'll be a magic move. Better the devil you know than the devil you don't x

mystic meg - Unregistered

November 25, 2011 5:56 PM

seeley will be a bigger threat next year than he has been so far,with the evo type bikes likley to suit him more,i reckon he will be in the mix next year, a lot of racing to come from seeley yet

Ben1

November 25, 2011 6:44 PM

He's a talented guy and definitely has speed to win BSB races (although the field will be really strong next year as always). Although I was a little bit surprised that he is 31 years old, I thought he is a lot younger.

roy coulter - Unregistered

November 25, 2011 6:55 PM

Whatever you do may you have a successful and safe years racing.As they say in N.I. you are some pup and have give us a lot of joy over the years and we have been very proud of your results.Keep it safe.

Andrew - Unregistered

November 25, 2011 7:11 PM

Thought he did really well in 2010 and didnt really understand why he went down to supersport, so Im sure he will be a threat to the top 6 on the right bike. Cant see a clear winner next season, unless Kiyo gets a good ride and findes his mojo, then it would be the easiest season he could wish for!

Bike Race Guru - Unregistered

November 25, 2011 7:48 PM

EVO will suit Seeley down to the the ground.. Just ponder this guys.. Who got the Aprilia competitive in the EVO class?? Who built it from the ground up?? Who is Alastair Seeleys Technician?? Answer to all 3 questions is Derek Huxley.. Who was the first rider on an EVO?? Seeley in 2009!! Put it under Walker for a great 10th place.. Jack Valentine took him to Portamao in place of Hopkins which may suggest Suzuki are still keen on the guy as well.. Would be a great shame if he wasn't in the series on a decent bike!!

Gaz - Unregistered

November 26, 2011 2:13 PM

Yeah Derek is a great technician but he didn't build Alastairs Supersport bike or the Superbike he raced during 2010 where he won at Brands & the North West. He turned up at the race meetings. The TAS boys already won the Supersport championship in 2007 and I believe the data and experience back then was a huge factor this year so fair play to all of them. This is not a dig btw but just stating the facts as I know of the guys in their workshop. :) Gaz

Bike Race Guru - Unregistered

November 26, 2011 3:32 PM

Sorry Gaz.. I may not have made myself clear.. In the season Seeley was in Superbike, Derek worked for Splilaff.. He quite definately built their EVO bike from the floor up and it was quite definately competitive only when he left to ejoin Seeley did the team turn into a laughing stock.. When Seeley got the Superstock bike in 2009 from Relentless after being sacked by JMF Millsports (arf arf) it was quite definately in an awning at the side of Seeleys Merc Sprinter at Oulton Park and Derek was quite definately the only technician working on it..How does 2007 data translate too a brand new 2011 GSXR 600??

Gaz - Unregistered

November 26, 2011 3:54 PM

Hi Bike Race Guru.The TAS Superstock bike was prepared at their workshop and probably did outside an awning like other Superstocks but Derek wasn't the only person to work on that bike. Perhaps you walked past at the wrong time. Ask Alastair himself! You obviously don't know much about bike data to ask such a question i.e. chassis, gearing, mapping etc Are you telling me that Alastair Seeley never requested to see Michael Laverty's gearing from 2007???? Like I say...I'm a friend of one of the mechanics and know what work was put in during the building of the 600 this year which included Chassis, Engine and Electronics. Derek wasn't involved in any of this so I'm sorry to point out the fact that there are more people involved than Derek Huxley.

1 2  »