BSB » Rutter, Hickman to MSS Colchester Kawasaki

Michael Rutter and Peter Hickman will ride for MSS Colchester Kawasaki in the 2012 MCE British Superbike Championship, it is confirmed.

Sweeble

February 01, 2012 9:53 AM

While I wish all the riders well, I do feel that an established team like MSS could have found a more sparkling lineup. They should have been straight on the phone to Nori Haga for example. It will be interesting to see how they do against the PB Kawa team particularly if MSS can stay out of the drugs trade!

Dal - Unregistered

February 01, 2012 10:23 AM

It's likely the delay in the rider announcement was due to the fact Colchester Kawasaki (the dealership) has just been sold to Motorcycles Direct, otherwise known as Lloyd Cooper Motorcycles Ltd. The delay also mean't most of the top level riders were already placed with other teams. It's easy to dismiss this pairing as also runs but Rutter has masses of experience and his younger and up and coming team mate Peter Hickman is without doubt a star of the future.

I too would love to see Haga in BSB but lets face it who is likely to stump up the sort of salary he expects?

me - Unregistered

February 01, 2012 10:50 AM

I really wouldn't be surprised to see Rutter back in the showdown, he nearly made it last season.
I'll probably put a couple of quid on him to place if the odds are good. Then again I also bet on Hayden to place last season.

The Louth Looney - Unregistered

February 01, 2012 11:48 AM

@Sweeble
MSS have picked the best 2 riders that were still available.There are world championship riders still looking for rides and this could of been an option for MSS to bring overseas riders into BSB but they dont come cheap.The Batham's logo on the MSS Kawasaki should give you the answer to why Rutter was chosen.Rutter is an experienced superbike rider and young Peter will learn from Michael and probably be the quickest of the pairing,only time will tell.Good rider combination in a well run professional team.Good luck to Nick and the MSS squad in 2012.

LOVESLEATHEREDARSES - Unregistered

February 01, 2012 12:13 PM

Well I for one think this is excellent news.. Hicky deserves a top ride, he worked his butt off last year and proved what talent he has. He always gives 110% and I'm sure will be a credit to MSS. I will even be so bold as to predict he WILL be top six this season..so c'mon Hicky, go get em' kidda !!

As for Rutter, u can't keep a good Blade down..he will be there, nibbling away at the exhaust pipes and as long as he finishes behind his team mate, I will be happy....GOOD LUCK FOR 2012 - TEAM GREEN xx

NewForester630 - Unregistered

February 01, 2012 1:50 PM

These are both good signings for MSS, but I was expecting to see Howie Mainwaring & Danny Buchan stepping up to this class for the coming season. Anyway, there will be no shortage of Kawasaki's on the grid next season!

1 2  »