BSB » Moto Rapido confirm Smart and Saudi star

The experienced Scott Smart and Saudi Arabian racer Abdulaziz Binladin will ride the new Ducati 1199 Panigale for Moto Rapido in 2012.

Not so Saudi Falcon - Unregistered

February 22, 2012 11:28 AM

I used to race against this guy in Dubai, he was very quick out there. He didn't set the world alight in National Stock 1000s last year in his first year in the UK but he certainly has some talent and a lot money behind him. Will be interesting to see how he goes.....

d man ha ha ha - Unregistered

February 22, 2012 11:36 AM

c that s smart guy is still blowin hot air,equal this and and a chance to win again, and all that guff,the guy could not win a bsb race if everyone fell off including nick medd ffs,more hot air etc

Gary M. - Unregistered

February 22, 2012 12:10 PM

D Man, That Smart guy you referre too has won races in BSB. He has also been a 250 British Champion, raced in World Supersport, World Superbike and Moto GP. Having met him on a number of occasions I can also say he is friendly and decent chap. He is still quick and can still do a good job given the right machine. As for 'hot air' if I was a team manager/sponsor and one of my riders wasnt sounding confidant ahead of the season and saying they had no chance hten I wouldn't be too impressed. I feel old saying this but just like the other older riders like Chris Walker and Michael Rutter Scott deserved his place and his chance to compete on a level playingfield. Good luck Scott, proved this guy wrong!

Sick Cylinder - Unregistered

February 22, 2012 1:13 PM

Well said @Gary M - I'll just add that Scott brings a lot of technical knowledge to a team. he is also good with sponsors and the media plus it doesn't hurt in that department being the son of the great Paul Smart and nephew of the legend Barry Sheene.

Sillius Soddus - Unregistered

February 22, 2012 1:46 PM

I think that's cruel and unfair confusing D man wid D facts.

Smart really is, well, very smart technically.
He's a competent rider.
And he's well settled into those Mot Rapido Ducatis too.

I ain't going to bet on him lifting the championship.
But on the other hand, despite all the talent this year, with the new regs I wouldn't bet he won't be on the podium at some point either.

Green Monster - Unregistered

February 22, 2012 3:11 PM

I can honestly say I didn't expect Binladen to make the step up to BSB any tie soon, but he like everyone else deserves a chance. He wasn't the quickest guy on his STK1000 BMW last season but he might just spring a suprise or two!

d man - Unregistered

February 22, 2012 3:23 PM

hes had lots of good bsb rides,and done sweet fk all,what did he do on the rizla suzuki,one of the best bikes out there,he may be a pleasant bloke and all that,nice etc,but hes never goin to win a race in bsb ever,the cold hard facts.he needs to ride the bikes ,not reinvent them,dont matter where he has ridden,its what hes doin now that matters

1 2 3  »