BSB » Robert Fearnall has died

Robert Fearnall, former boss of Donington Park racing circuit, has died aged 57.

John smyth - Unregistered

March 03, 2012 10:17 AM

I had a lot of dealings with Robert in the 80's when I was bike racer Neil Robinson,s manager. ROBERT was always courteous and incredibly helpful, considering the enormous pressure he must have been under at times. He was like one of the boys, and often appeared in the bar at Redgate where he wasn't, afraid to buy us a drink. I last spoke to him ata road race in Athea, where he seemed to be enjoying the crack as usual. very saddened at his passing, and my sinicere condolences to his family from everyone who knew him in Ireland. John smyth

Gaz - Unregistered

March 03, 2012 12:39 PM

Top bloke, instrumental in bringing the top stars to Donington in the glory years.
Donington has never been the same since he left.
Sad he has passed away so young.

Simon Bleasdale - Unregistered

March 03, 2012 9:25 PM

A very kind and helpful man, I was Smuttys mechanic at the time we lived in the paddock at Donington Robert was very kind to us and helped us no end. Will be missed by many.

Johnny Rea (senior) - Unregistered

March 04, 2012 12:12 PM

The sport has lost a true gentleman in Robert, Having only met him about 4 years ago he was always very helpful towards my son Richard who had just started out racing. Very sorry to read this today. Sincere Condolences to his family and friends.RIP

Paul P - Unregistered

March 04, 2012 5:34 PM

Our sport has lost another unsung hero! Robert was a gentleman to one and all and will be sadly missed.

My sincere respects to him, similarly, my condolenses to his family - RIP

Mark Hanna - Unregistered

March 05, 2012 10:26 AM

What a lovely man he was, very helpfull to me and i am sure hundreds more. Very sad news for the Paddock, my condolenses to his family.

MotoGeo

March 05, 2012 4:30 PM

A great man who did so much for motorcycle racing and racers over many decades. His work at Donington Park cannot be underestimated as well as BSN and many other ventures.

Robert's distinctive voice and laughter carried far and wide while his hard work and passion for bikes echoed around the globe.

A great man, very sad news, condolences to his friends and family - RIP

Locks46+91+38&35

March 06, 2012 12:53 AM

I am absolutely shocked to read the very sad news of Mr Robert Fearnall's passing . Him and Tom Wheatcroft provided the basis for introducing my four children to Motorcycle racing . They provided a top rate well run venue where my children were able to enjoy the atmosphere in complete safety . Robert fearnall has always been one of those people who would always come to mind when an indepth knowledge of Motorsport was required . Yet another great loss R.I.P Robert Fearnall. And condolences to all of his family and friends.