BSB » ‘Better feeling’ as Haga cracks top six

Noriyuki Haga creeps into the MCE British Superbike Championship top six after securing a trio of solid results at Oulton Park.

pp916 - Unregistered

July 10, 2012 10:01 AM

He's fluked his way into the top six mainly due to the misfortune and inconsistency of others....if Stuart Easton was fit he would have been in front of Haga no prob. After Hopkins performance last year Nori has got to be a huge disappointment, judging by Tommy's results there's clearly nothing much wrong with the bike so is he just cruising round taking the money? Or is Tommy really that much better than him?
With the investment Higgs, Palmer & Co have put into getting him here they must have been seriously sweating that he wouldn't make their idiotic 'shootout' cos if he doesn't I wouldn't be surprised if he buggered off home!

Nick636

July 10, 2012 10:17 AM

pp916

You can call it fluked if you like, but at the end, Haga has stayed on the bike and NOT injured himself. That's how he is there and Easton wasn't. Don't get me wrong, I am an Easton fan and can't wait to see him back. But it's nice Haga seems to be finding a bit of his old fighting spirit...

GO NORI!

Kiyo Rulz - Unregistered

July 10, 2012 10:19 AM

Perhaps the reason that Haga has not done as well as some expected is that he doesn't know many of the tracks? Hopkins' performance last year was remarkable, you cannot expect most riders to adapt so quickly. Japanese riders often take time to settle in, so don't be surprised if he has won races by the end of this year - and I expect he will be a championship contender presuming he stays with the team next year.

Cubikrube

July 10, 2012 10:53 AM

Well my two pennies worth (for whatever thats worth)

Hopper did really well learning the tracks last year and i also think him being out of the game for a while gave him that extra motivation to do so. Two other riders in recent history have shown themselves to be adept at doing the same (Spies and Crutchlow in WSS/WSB)

I'm going to give Nori some leeway and highlight that he has been on a full spec superbike for many years and coming to BSB with the changes to the bike and the tracks being new was never going to be easy.

Cal also faced difficulties when he had to learn a new bike and new tracks in GP...OK that's the leeway over.

Should Nori beat Tommy, Shakey or Brookes to the title it will be a travesty. Those three have been head and shoulders above the rest this season.

Glad to see Nori improving and hope we get a win soon for #41 but he doesn't deserve the title and i think he'd probably agree with that.

And yes i know Tommy has the #1 plate but i'm still saying Go#33! and

Cubikrube

July 10, 2012 10:56 AM

Oh and pp916....he aint been at his best but fluked? Bit harsh mate.
In order to be in the top 6 you have to have more points scored than the other 30-odd riders. Now some people have good luck, others bad (most a mixture of both) and some haven't managed to stay on their bikes as much as Nori and he can hardly be blamed for others errors now can he?

pp916 - Unregistered

July 10, 2012 11:51 AM

OK, I've stirred up the Nori defence league! Don't get me wrong the man is, or was, a bloody star.....but I can't get away from the feeling that he disappoints me.
Hopkin's last year was a revelation, I sort of expected him to perform as Nori has this year, or maybe even worse, but instead he really laid it on the line and fought just as hard as everyone else does in this championship....Nori safely cruising round picking up points does nothing for me, it may get him into the final 6 but it also highlights the flaws in this scoring system as he will go from being totally out of contention to being 'a contender', which is ludicrous if the guy who is hypothetically 1 point behind him in 7th is in a position where he may as well pack up his gear and stay home rather than needlessly wear equipment out for the last few rounds. He's always run hot & cold but I think the year with Spies is what finished him.

pp916 - Unregistered

July 10, 2012 12:07 PM

Should also add that Nori isn't the only disappointment this season....given his age and attitude I really thought that Luca Scassa was the man to set the job on fire once he found his feet but that's not happened either....Ian Lowry is doing considerably better on the same bike, so a question......is the level of riding in BSB higher than we think? I know these guys are new to the championship and tracks but the changes to the bike spec this year affected everyone so that's not a reason...in fact another that looked to be a serious threat this season based on his pace on a not disimilar spec Evo bike last year is Gowland....what's happened to him?

Sweeble

July 10, 2012 1:35 PM

I think that the problem is motivation, Hopper came to BSB to make his name again and was looking beyond it, Haga on the other hand is really at the end of his career and is taking BSB as a step down. He himself admitted that after a crash on the Xerox Ducati, he had got 'The Fear' and I think he can now only ride to safer limits. I hope he proves me wrong though as I am a great Haga fan.

Nick636

July 10, 2012 3:19 PM

pp916

Why is it every time someone has a counter point to something someone else was saying, they're automatically a "Fanboy" or a "Defence League" ?

I don't get it. We didn't even get ugly about it, just showed the flaws in your original post. As for Scassa, I'm not a fan at ALL, but again, you're talking about two guys in their first years in this series. Scassa, maybe not on the best bike/team? Learning tracks? Come now, be fair...

Also, Haga was on a V2 and V4 the last few years, and the Yam he's on now is NOTHING like the one he rode before... At the end, we are ALL armchair racers and (MOST, 99%) don't know what it's like to race at that speed, or even at all... If Nori did get "The Fear", h3ll, I DON'T BLAME HIM!!

COME ON NORI!!!