BSB » Foray leaves Quattro Plant Kawasaki

British Superbike rookie Freddy Foray decided to leave Quattro Plant Kawasaki after a tough first half of the season.

gasper - Unregistered

August 03, 2012 2:24 PM

This team hasn't had the budget to do a BSB season from the word go.I remember at the start of the season Quay Garage did not enter because they didn't have a full budget. Stuart Higgs should be checking finances before he gives a team Elite status, then this would not happen. It looks amateurish.

spudgun - Unregistered

August 03, 2012 3:16 PM

What an awful team! Can't believe they are still allowed on the grid. Nothing against Harris and I wish him the best but these PR racing people seem to be proper bummers! The BSB organisers should sort it out and get them gone. Time wasters! BTW Ellis, Mason finished fifth. How did Harris do better by finishing 12th?

Peatman - Unregistered

August 03, 2012 3:35 PM

So where has the money gone that Freddie paid to ride. Three riders down, 21 days from round 8, 7 rounds down and still these jokers are allowed out with the professionals. Quattro Plant must be really regretting getting mixed up with these con artists.What a waste of everyones time.

no - Unregistered

August 03, 2012 4:41 PM

What a load of Bull S, The frog fell off because he was too slow and could not keep up and so he thought he could same as Mason. What money.. I bet he was being paid and brought NO money into the team....same as Mason. The team are doing a great job, the only thing they have done wrong is to EMPLOY riders who are not up to the standard expected for this class. He did not perform so guess what blame something else. I'm glad he has left the series and will now ride in a championship that is his level (remember he did not win his championship on his own). Come Foray tell the truth lets hear it...He was quick to send out his press release which is a load of crap lets see how quick he can respond to this post (my gran can go faster than him her push bike). It makes me cross to read press releases like this after a team like PR give him a chance to show his ability....sorry he did. I heard at the last round he did not want to go out in race 2 because he could not do it because he was

Peatman - Unregistered

August 03, 2012 6:03 PM

Well, how nice to hear from one of the educated ones amongst us. Sad use of racial stereotyping but hey, what do you expect when you read such drivel as this.Interesting to note that 'no' is emphatic about Mason not bringing money to the team. Could he be linked in some way to PR? Just a thought.
Freddie came to BSB to race,entertain and to improve himself at the possible expense, as all the lads do, of risk of injury.To read utter crap as posted by 'no' makes a mockery of the commitment these lads take to entertain US.If 'no's Gran is quick she would do well to give him a slap and a lesson in manners.

Peatman - Unregistered

August 03, 2012 6:14 PM

The team did not EMPLOY Freddie, they did employ Mason and as has been reported had 'contractual difficulties' it appears that they failed to honour those commitments.Again I ask where is the money given to them from Quattro Plant and the other sponsers/riders?
PR have failed to provide any of their racers with a decent set of wheels all season. Mason competed in four rounds, 5th at Brands, 13th Thruxton and a dnf, Oulton dnf, 18th and a dnf,Snetterton 2 dnf's he then quit because the team made no progress.They have shown no experience of setting up a bike, no commitment to setting up any sort of testing pattern.
Not surprising really that Freddie may not have wanted to go out on a machine none of its riders felt able to trust.How many more need to leave to prove what we all know.
PR (or Pathetic Racing)dont deserve to be in BSB. They should be withdrawn as soon as possible.

no - Unregistered

August 03, 2012 7:46 PM

Peatman you think I talk crap where did you get your information from as YOU seem to be very informed on the subject... are you Freddie's Manager? or just talking like you know what you think you know? As for being in the team, no I am not, I am just fed up with people knowing half a story. I respect the team for not jumping on the press bus and going to press like Freddie has done in such an unprofessional way. The question you should be asking is to what level did the team support the rider when he was injured? How much money did Foray bring into the team compared to his wages & running costs for the level of exposure he gave the team besides TV showing him crashing the bike. oh talking about Mason in your post, what happened to him at Oulton and WBS for different teams.

The Burton Bullet - Unregistered

August 03, 2012 9:08 PM

A french 'middle of the road'rider who soon realised he couldn't make the cut it in BSB.
No great loss to BSB as he was never going to win anything.
Karl will get some better results for PR but they are an Elite team and will have to find a replacement rider for Foray.
They must be an ELITE team because they have got a development director.
The PR Team need to get their 'development director'to do some developing or they will fall into the clutches of Tom Tunstall and Bin Laden.

Peatman - Unregistered

August 03, 2012 9:12 PM

Never even met the lad as far as I know. Having been around motor cycles and racing since the 1960's I use my eyes and ears. From that information I form my opinion (and thats all it is). I dont say anything that I haven't read in the press or on sites and I try not to racially abuse people.
Its not up to me to ask to what level did the team support him. The one area that they should have given total support was in bike preparation and in that they failed totally. I couldn't belive it when I read that they had taken a new untested engine to a race. Amateur to the max.
He and his advisers should have organised a decent contract that covered all eventualities. What wages? What running costs? The bike only completed half the laps it should have done.
As regards Mason on WSB he had a wild card ride with a few days notice. What chance to get a decent set up and feel for the bike.
Read examine comment. And leave your Granny at home.

1 2  »