BSB » Gowland, WFR Honda part ways

Graeme Gowland decides to leave WFR Honda with four rounds of the MCE British Superbike Championship remaining.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

tucker - Unregistered

August 29, 2012 11:07 AM

I see him maybe taking a step back to British Supersport possibly for 2013, we all know how quick he is on a 600. Hopefully he just doesn't want to ride to for WFR, I'd be a shame for him to quit Road Racing all together.

Liam48 - Unregistered

August 29, 2012 3:57 PM

This is such a shame I really did rate Graeme Gowland very highly after his brilliant 2008 WSS season when no one had really heard if him and of course his brilliant performances last year.

@Sick Cylinder according to the Team WFR website Gowland is really considering his future in racing because he has lost a lot of confidence in his abilities this year, which I think is a real shame.

Mogster 52

August 29, 2012 5:42 PM

A hugely talented rider, who can forget him at the sharp end of the timesheets last year at Brands GP on worn tyres on the evo bike, simply stunning.

Like many sports, Racing is so much about confidence, when you have it, you ride can ride a minger fast, when you havent, it just runs away from you and makes the confidence worse.

I really hope we see him again as he is such a genuinely fast guy.

Good luck Grahame

Mog

Noton - Unregistered

August 29, 2012 7:40 PM

I am really gutted about this not only is he a very nice bloke and very honest he is very talented he proved that like someone said on another post in bss where he was constantly on front row matching Sam lowes in a team run on a shoe string budget with a team with very little experience! Then in Evo he was awesome and would have won by quite a way if it wasn't for his injury

From what I hear yes he has lost his confidence and the love for it but things have happened this year and he's had sod all support when they have happened,3 rider team is never good,I think most people can work out what the focus is on Its not my place to go into it.

I am hugely disappointed it's come to a rider being that sick of it all,that he just wants to jack it in I hope a break and someone from with bsb (riders owners whoever) can get this lad back he hasnt been racing long and has shown bits of quality in such short time

I wish you the best Graeme and really hope you sort things out and get back out

bringback2strokes - Unregistered

August 29, 2012 8:13 PM

This is really sad news, such a talented rider and would be interested to hear the story from his side.
After last year I really expected him to be a title contender although still smile when I remember those images of that machine pulling Rob Mac's bike out the lake at Oulton
If you read these comments Graeme, it's obvious people still believe in you even if you no longer believe in yourself!
Your decision but don't agree with it

Phase one fan - Unregistered

August 29, 2012 8:20 PM

I was in the Phase one set up when Graeme rode the Bol Dor in (i think 2008)he was superb, at one point he went out on inters as the clouds opened, and at one point was the fastest man out there, he is a true gent with major talent, Good luck for the future and with any luck we will see you back on track ASAP

Jim - Unregistered

August 30, 2012 11:59 AM

I agree with the other posts here, I thought Gowland was a man to watch last year, and his performances on the evo machine were impressive. I genuinely hope he wants to come back, and that he gets a decent ride. Karl Harris shown at Cadwell that you don't just lose speed, so maybe he just needs some time away from racing.
Either way I wish him all the best for his future.

Onyabike - Unregistered

August 30, 2012 2:52 PM

i dont want to blame the team as its clear graeme's head isnt right place, but why!?!

myles says in this interview they didnt see eye to eye on certain things! let me guess graeme trying to give his advice on the bike, he was doing similar lap times last year on a bike with less bhp (smells bike set up to me this year)
also myles points out that they were treated equally, is that why all he talked about on eurosport was alex, im sorry but westy is still part of that team and was challenging for shootout not one mention!!

also on bsb team managers debrief, again, all about alex!! and with that teams history on man management it wouldnt suprise me one bit if they have played a part in ruining this kids (gowla) head

i really do hope alex does get in the shootout as the kid has bundles of talent and gets snapped up next year but i also think graeme has bundles to, good luck graeme have a break and please come back

1 2 3  »