BSB » Can you help?

A message from Racesafe marshal Ian Sinclair, who needs help with his fundraising plans

wadcutter - Unregistered

September 12, 2012 8:42 PM

I'm all for a bit of fund raising especially for good causes but, I don't get it. Asking for sponsorship money for something fun or challenging is the norm. Driving 2800 miles in 14 days? wheres the challenge in today's climate controlled and power steering equipped cars?
Is he offering some sort of training at the circuits or just giving his time up to drive around while someone else fuels the motor? Ask the racers. Or better still Palmer for fuel money.
Sorry to sound a grumpy old b#####d and good luck.

Ian sinclair - Unregistered

September 12, 2012 8:46 PM

Not being funny I'm doing this on my old gxr and it's not a bit of fun I'm doing it to raise money for the cj riders fund,if you don't know what that is google cj riders fund

wadcutter - Unregistered

September 12, 2012 9:03 PM

I understood that it was the Craig Jones fund and a great cause. I didn't want to sound negative but I guess I did. Maybe you should of stated that you were riding a bike for starters and that its an old one at that, how old? don't say k4 gixer! As I read it ,it sounded like you were off for a longish car drive. So I couldn't see a challenge even if still for a good cause.
I will apologize as I didn't want to discredit your actions or ruffle your feathers. Good luck for a safe journey.
Palmer blow the dust off your wallet and help this guy out as us mere mortals don't have 500 for fuel.

Richard Mushet - Unregistered

September 13, 2012 2:25 AM

Wadcutter: the CJ Riders Fund has nothing to do with the late, great Jonesy. It was started to raise funds for air ambulance and medical equipment in memoriam of Chris Jones. He was a massively promising young rider who died in a startline incident at Cadwell Park.

They do an impressive amount of fundraising to help all the riders in the BSB and support classes, but I honestly don"t see why they"ve had to do any of this. It should be provided by the series' management and rights owners (who don't even give prize money to the riders after changing them a small fortune in entry fees every round) to ensure there are fewer tragic incidents lie the ones that have taken Chris, Craig, Ollie, Ashley, Ben, Guy and too many others from us far too early.

wadcutter - Unregistered

September 13, 2012 9:55 AM

My apologies again, I wasn't attacking fund raising and maybe now I should of looked it up.
As you've said why don't the rich people put the money back in, its always the poor man in the street.
Jonathan Palmer makes millions out of the sport and flies around in a helicopter, I'm sure he wouldn't feel the 500 pound for fuel to help Ian.
Huge entrance fee's for no prize money but a plastic trophy is disgusting.
And maybe Ian could answer this are the marshals volunteers? So not a bad business for the circuit and series owners.
Rich get richer, poor get poorer......

Ian sinclair - Unregistered

September 13, 2012 11:39 AM

The answer to your question are we volunteers.yes ,we don't get a penny ,we do it because we love the sport,although I do wonder sometimes with the crap we have to put up with,I've sent emails to teams most have not even responded,they all live in there own little bubble,palmer included

nique - Unregistered

September 13, 2012 12:42 PM

Ian,
There are two ways to go with this

1 If you cant get a BSB team, then go for a major team sponsor. I'm thinking MCE the series sponsor or Swan, BLD, Samsung etc.
or
2 Set up a just Giving page and ask for smaller donations with a caveat to point out once the 500 quid is raised then all other cash will go to the C.J. Fund with the other sponsorship cash

Good luck BTW
Rather than going for just one company

wadcutter - Unregistered

September 13, 2012 1:34 PM

Great idea nique.

And more constructive than my comments.
Ian start with Palmer and MSVR!
Then try Esso,Shell and BP, stating the excellent cause and need for fuel.
Although these company's are LOW profit making ones only running in to the billions so could be hard work.

Good luck and all the best.

Ian - Unregistered

September 13, 2012 2:42 PM

Cheers for the advise,already emailed MSVR ,still waiting ,don't know where to start with she'll bloody website,will email swan and tyco,thanks again

1 2  »