BSB » Byrne: We'll be stronger from here on in

'Being positive we're only going to get stronger from here on in. Assen bodes well for when I get some strength back' - Shane Byrne

Pete - Unregistered

September 26, 2012 9:11 PM

Anyone fancy translating the above post into English?

Got massive respect for the BSB teams and riders but the shootout is total b******s IMO.

Caveman - Unregistered

September 26, 2012 9:20 PM

MSV will be gutted if Hill doesn't win it, they're paying his wages and they've bent the rules so that the Yamaha airbox is somehow legal. Allegedly.

190mph - Unregistered

September 27, 2012 8:40 AM

Caveman (or anyone else familiar with this) please elaborate on the airbox allegation. I would've thought a story like that would have popped up on Crash.

Sweeble - Unregistered

September 27, 2012 10:00 AM

Personally, I feel that the shootout format has given us some great racing and helps to ensure that riders aren't excluded from the title by accidents earlier in the season. It gave us the last race of last season, and for that I'm grateful!

The shootout format has allowed Shakey to be in the title fight this season, and for me I think he deserves it. He's a gentleman racer who always rides to the limit and never forgets his fans.

I can't choose between Hill, Brookes and Shakey (and maybe Lowes), but either way those 3 should give us some great action.

rod99 - Unregistered

September 27, 2012 10:54 AM

Shakey is the class act of BSB his actual riding ability are head and shoulders above the rest.

It's such a shame he never got a competitive ride in WSBK and before the haters jump on i said COMPETITIVE..

Anyway the shootout shafted him last year but hopefully will work for him this year, so taken over the whole I think it does balance out. I do prefer the normal format though.

Elton - Unregistered

September 27, 2012 1:13 PM

No competitive rides for Shakey n WSBK? You must have forgotten he was Checa's partner at Althea Dicati and did absolutely nothng? I certainly wouldn't say he was head and shoulders better than Hill or Brookes.

m78 - Unregistered

September 27, 2012 5:56 PM

If Byrne had gone to WSB at the right time he could have had a good crack at it, he did the double at brands gp wsb in 03 on his bsb bike as a wild card but instead of switching to wsb full time the following year he went to gp's on the aprilia and proton.
Back to bsb in 06 on uncompetitive rizla suzook (honda was the bike to have at the time) then 07/08 bsb, 09 wsb had some good rides on sterilgarda duc but althea season wasnt great in 2010. but... if he had got into wsb in 04 he could have had a better time of it. I know if's and buts don't count but that's my view of it

John - Unregistered

September 27, 2012 6:41 PM

m78, You hit the nail on the head perfectly. He went to GP's but on bottom-rung machinery, and actually only got half a season in on the KR-Proton bike. I also would strongly argue that had he gone to WSBK in 2004 on the Factory Fila Ducati, he would have collected a title or two - he was offered the bike before Toseland and Laconi were but turned it down I believe.
His riding style is so relaxed - Whitham is always on about it and he is right. Hill and Brookes, although quick, look wooden on a bike compared to Shakey - much like Sykes.

1 2  »