BSB » Tommy Hill won't race in 2013

"It is with great sadness that I will be deciding to have a break from the sport in 2013..." - Tommy Hill.

Bear - Unregistered

November 10, 2012 2:09 PM

Sad news for Bsb I think it is just costing too much and that is Easton now signed for mar-train in super sport Bsb losing some big names for next year

knowhat? - Unregistered

November 10, 2012 3:11 PM

it's obviously too hasty to say that Tommy was going to take Biaggi's seat on aprilia, a six time world champ... but since i've just realised Badovini will be Checa's teammate on the Ducati Alstare, I still think that Hill definitely deserved a chance more than others!

PatrickD

November 10, 2012 4:52 PM

I think that the comments relating to Stoner might be on to something. These days, at the top of Motorsport, these guys haven't done a days work, or made a decision for themselves in their lives. They live in bubbles, undoubtedly under pressure, but they come accross as joyless. We dream of their lifestyle and to do what they do for a living. Indeed, there are many that work at proper jobs just to get a taste of what they do, be it racing or trackdays.
There is an element of this in all professional sports. More grinding than gliding, and I suppose I don't understand that. What ever happened to enjoyment in sport? I've never won anything, but friends of mine who were sportsmen of some success ditched their sports when they stopped winning. They do nothing associated with their sports, whereas I still love the fact that I play and participate more than ever at 36. I guess that's partly why I'll never be a winner, as such, but I feel like I 'get it' more than they ever will.

Roman - Unregistered

November 10, 2012 5:55 PM

Yeah just quit that's a helluva good idea. Maybe you and stoner can start a club for spoilt babies who don't get their way. Rossi was right...too many pussies these days.

oddyMob - Unregistered

November 10, 2012 8:12 PM

Think you have to respect him for this. the fact he has his own business, and has achieved at what he loves already, but there is a big difference between the pressures of racing, and riding.

He has the T-Shirt, perhaps he realises bigger opportunities are far and few between, and at 25 needs to look at something else.

Anyone who criticizes him either has a silver spoon, has never acheived anything, or works in finance!

Good luck to him, top racer

Racerx67 - Unregistered

November 10, 2012 8:53 PM

It is a sad thing for any rider to realise they have reached the peak of where they can go and that getting further may not happen even though they have given it all to get this far. He may almost feel like a big fish in a small pond and any motivation he had has dwindled because he won that championship and wanted to go further and doing the same thing over and over is de-motivating. Not sure if he won the championship again this year would have changed what would have happened for next year. Now we will never know. But at least he has left on his own terms and I dont think this is the last we will see of him!!!

rizlaman - Unregistered

November 10, 2012 10:17 PM

This won't do your career any good Tommy. Bad move, you aint Cal Crutchelow or Tom Sykes. Youll be lucky to get a ride in 2014, cos you wont get noticed. Have you booked a holiday with Ronnie O'Sullivan?

BSB aint that bad - Unregistered

November 11, 2012 8:42 AM

What i don't understand is, what is so bad about being one of he top dog's in a national championship! So what if he has to spend the rest of his career in BSB. Not such a bad thing in my view! It's regarded as one off, if not, the top national championships around the world. Has a massive crowds at each round with streams of people trying to get a pic and signiture, Good tv coverage ( apart from that **** tony carter. he would be the reason i would jump ship , so i wouldnt get a ABH charge) and you have cult status within the british racing fraternity.....
I know if i was in his position i would feel really good about myself! As a club racer myself I dream of even being mid pack in BSB or even BSS.
But don't you think tommy's action's are demeaning the championship.."sorry lad's, I'm too good for this".. Behave.
Didn't his younger bro do the same last year.... Maybe the Hill's are one of them families!! If he carried on then i think he would get more respect for it, regardless of wher

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  »