BSB » Daughter's tribute to top bike journalist Kevin Ash

'The phrase “he died doing what he loved” sprang to mind but I would like to stamp that firmly out. He loved his family more and we love him' - daughter of Kevin Ash

Justin #52 - Unregistered

January 24, 2013 10:49 AM

So shocked to read this, always looked forward to his mcn column, my thoughts go out to all his family and friends

Sick Cylinder - Unregistered

January 24, 2013 12:30 PM

Very sad to hear this news. He always had something interesting to say in his motorcycle columns and will be sorely missed. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

TalentFan

January 24, 2013 1:59 PM

Kevin Ash always something to say, wrote a lot of sense & didn't seem to toe the line all the time. I enjoyed reading his articles.

We will miss him for that, but that is nothing compared to the loss his family suffer - they will miss HIM.

Sincere condolences to his family. RIP Kevin Ash.

Tetley

January 24, 2013 2:42 PM

Kevin Ash had a talent for explaining complicated concepts in an easy-to-understand way. He will be missed in so many spheres.
When his family's grief eventually becomes bear-able they will be left with many wonderful memories of him.

Ninou

January 24, 2013 3:54 PM

He was the golden standard of motorcycle reviews and the nicest guy to boot. This is a terrible loss.

liebig - Unregistered

January 24, 2013 8:41 PM

One of the very few motorcycle journalists whose opinion I always valued.

Sincere condolences to the mans family and friends.

I'm sure he's leaving many good memories behind to be treasured.

RaceFan - Unregistered

January 25, 2013 8:11 PM

What a sad, regrettable loss. I never met Kevin Ash but his articles were insightful... and hard hitting when they needed to be. He was able to write technical and mechanical articles which everyone could grasp, pieces about how to ride, road law, setting up a bike and just about anything, and they were all well thought through and robustly researched.
Journalists often don't get the profile or the respect they deserve. As I said, Kevin Ash was a man I never met, but he deserved the respect of us all. R.I.P.

paul100 - Unregistered

January 26, 2013 8:32 PM

sad loss to the motorcycle community and mcn column inches...very sad news

1 2  »