BSB » Farmer: I haven't been told I've been sacked

'I haven't been told by Paul yet that I've been sacked, I've just heard it from other people and I found out that Nori Haga was taking my place on Twitter' - Keith Farmer

teamgreenzx6

September 17, 2013 12:21 PM

Do wonder who Paul Bird will get to ride his second MotoGP bike now yonny is riding Ben spies bike? Would be very good experience for a "fit" Keith farmer. Maybe putting Haga on bsb bike will help shakey in the shoot out too. Plus Haga will bring money in to help run bsb team next year.

scooby56

September 17, 2013 12:32 PM

What a disgraceful way to deal with a rider. It is clear that Paul Bird is very worried about Shakeys chance of winning the BSB title with Lowes on top form and plenty of other riders like Bridewell and Ellison who can take points of him.
Ok Farmer hasnt had the best season, but the paying public has had enough of these overpaid former riders like Kiyo & Nori who are long past their best. taking rides.

frontbrake

September 17, 2013 2:28 PM

Very hard to understand that Paul Bird , if that is the case,
he has not written,phoned or e mailed a rider in this case
Keith Farmer that he was being replaced.
Surely someone have got their wires crossed here.

onyabike

September 17, 2013 3:03 PM

so this is not the first time he has behaved in an unproffesional manor towards to a rider, last year ellison now farmer he was hardly blowing laverty's trumpet in an interview last week as well!!

dont get me wrong he is putting his money where his mouth is and paying his own money to run these teams and i have alot of time for that cos not many people would do that but at least show a bit of respect and deal with things in a professional way! its very poor if this has happened, any other business you wouldnt be able to behave like that so why should this be any different.

notfastenuff

September 17, 2013 7:25 PM

You may have pots of money Mr Bird but good manners cost nothing.
You come across as an arrogant ****** in TV interviews
this just confirms it
Money dosen't make you who you are and you cant buy respect

FredFrog

September 18, 2013 4:57 AM

The rider must have a contract. Contained therein there must be a "performance" clause (to protect both sides). If he has not performed, for any reason, the Team owner can enforce that contract. It's also a business deal, but I suppose manners cost nothing.

MotoGPLicker

September 18, 2013 9:12 AM

It is a disgrace the way Paul Bird gets on, one minute he is on TV saying how good Keith is and the next he looses his ride without being told! He done the same with McWilliams when he was in BSB and Laverty does not look like he will stay in Moto GP. His communication skills seem to be rubbish and i do reckon he is worried that he will loose the BSB this year to Lowes.

Below is what Farmer said:

Farmer revealed he has attempted to make contact with team owner Bird without success and only learned he had lost his place in the team to Haga via social networking outlet Twitter.

ā€œI appreciate all that Paul Bird has done for me and if it wasn't for him I wouldn't have got as far as I have,ā€ Farmer said.

ā€œI haven't been told by Paul yet that I've been sacked, I've just heard it from other people and I found out that Nori Haga was taking my place on Twitter. I'm slightly annoyed that he didn't have the decency to tell me.

ā€œI understand that I've been crashing his bikes and if I was hi