By Chris Mackrell

Ian Lowry marked his return to Relentless by TAS Suzuki in style by claiming a fine Superbike victory in the annual Sunflower Trophy at Bishopscourt, ahead of Sam Lowes and Danny Buchan.

The Ulsterman, who competed for Relentless by TAS Suzuki in the 2009 British Superbike Championship, swept to victory in all three Superbike races, including the blue riband Sunflower Trophy race.

Related Articles

Lowry romped home ten seconds ahead of the Parkalgar Honda CBR600RR of World Supersport podium winner Lowes and National Superstock 1000 front runner Buchan, riding the Gearlink Kawasaki ZX-6R for the weekend.

In the first Supersport race, Lowes led the way, fending off Jack Kennedy and Alastair Seeley until the penultimate lap when Kennedy and Seeley crashed out on the final bend. The pair, who were involved in an exciting victory battle at the recent British Supersport finale at Brands Hatch, sustained minor injuries and were subsequently ruled out of the meeting. Consequently, Glen Irwin and Keith Farmer secured second and third.

Race 2 was held over two parts due to rain, but drama struck when Lowes failed to take his place on the grid for the restart, allowing Farmer to take a commanding lead, only to be black flagged.

As such, Buchan took over to claim the win 1.4secs ahead of the Leakmaster Triumph of Christian Elkin, while Gearlink's Andy Reid took the last step on the podium. Elkin's second place was good enough to see him take the Irish Supersport championship, the first time a Triumph has won it.

The Supertwins were dominated by the KMR Kawasaki team with Jamie Hamilton taking race one ahead of Ryan Farquhar with Jeremy McWilliams in third. Race two was won by the evergreen McWilliams with Hamilton second and Farquhar in third

William Dunlop took the honours in race one of the 250's with Nigel Percy second and Richard Glasgow third. Race two was the final race of the meeting and conditions were poor, but that didn't stop Jamie Patterson romping home almost 12secs ahead of Mark Hanna followed by Mark Kelly.

In the 125's Nigel Percy won race one from Bruce Moulds and Adam Mclean. Race two saw Robert English take the win from Luke Johnston with Mclean again in third. Race one of the sidecars saw Ben and Tom Birchall taking the chequered flag with Tim Reeves and Greg Cluze taking the honours in race two.