BACK TO CRASH.NET
Crash.Net BSB News
Smrz fastest overall at Snetterton
25 June 2013
Jakub Smrz topped the times during the official MCE British Superbike test at Snetterton today on the Padgett's Honda.
The Czech rider edged ahead of Samsung Honda's Sam Lowes and Shane 'Shakey' Byrne, who had topped the first two sessions respectively at the Norfolk circuit.
Lowes had forced his way to the top of the time sheets on his Fireblade but a brilliant final lap by Smrz gave him the number one spot by 0.186s.
“I was very happy with what we have done today; I love the track because it is more like what I am used to compared to somewhere like Knockhill,” said a delighted Smrz.
“I think the lap time could have been even faster but I made a few small mistakes on my last lap.
“I think though that we can leave this test happy as we have been able to do enough today and it will be important for when we come back here for the races.”
Milwaukee Yamaha's James Ellison was fourth quickest on the combined times followed by Buildbase BMW's James Westmoreland and Chris Walker on the Quattro Plant Kawasaki, who rounded out the first six.
The next round of the British Superbike Championship takes place at Snetterton on July 7.
Overall times from official BSB test at Snetterton
1. Jakub Smrz (Padgetts Honda) 1m:51.869s
2. Alex Lowes (Samsung Honda) +0.186s
3. Shane Byrne (Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki) +0.409s
4. James Ellison (Milwaukee Yamaha) +0.799s
5. James Westmoreland (Buildbase BMW) +0.914s
6. Chris Walker (Quattro Plant Bournemouth Kawasaki) +0.946s
7. Ryuichi Kiyonari (Samsung Honda) +1.568s
8. Dan Linfoot (Lloyds British GBmoto Honda) +2.084s
9. Keith Farmer (Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki) +2.123s
10. Peter Hickman (Lloyds British GBmoto Honda) +2.386s
BACK TO CRASH.NET