1 April 2014
30 bikes confirmed for BSB 2014
Shane Byrne heads up a substantial list of 30 riders that will compete in the 2014 BSB champion, 16 of which will ride for Kawasaki.
A total of 30 full-time entries across eight nationalities have been logged for the MCE British Superbike Championship in 2014, it has been confirmed.
Announced on the first day of official pre-season testing at Donington Park – three weeks before the season gets underway at Brands Hatch -, the entry list features a typical blend of experience and youth, with eight nationalities and six manufacturers represented.
Though the Honda Racing UK team, which won the title in 2013 with Alex Lowes, has limited its involvement to a handful of wild-card entries in 2014, perennial front runners Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki, Milwaukee Yamaha and Tyco Suzuki head up the entry list, each with revised rider line-ups.
Three-time champion Shane Byrne will target a record-breaking fourth BSB title once more with Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki, the veteran being joined by defending British Supersport Champion Stuart Easton, who returns to both PBM and BSB in 2014.
Milwaukee Yamaha have lured Josh Brookes from Suzuki and paired him with Tommy Bridewell, the Devizes rider having impressed in guest outings towards the end of 2013.
Tyco Suzuki, meanwhile, welcomes back 2011 BSB runner-up and fan favourite John Hopkins to BSB following his lengthy sabbatical through injury. He is joined by Australian Josh Waters.
Of the 30 riders, a mammoth 16 will ride the Kawasaki ZX-10R, with Rapid Solicitors, PR Racing, Quattro Plant and Halsall Racing being joined by graduates Gearlink, WD-40 and TAG, as well as GBmoto – switching from Honda – and newcomers SBK City Racing and Morello Services.
BMW, meanwhile, will also have a healthy presence with Buildbase bikes for high profile signing Ryuichi Kiyonari and James Westmoreland – as well as Michael Dunlop at selected events -, while Bathams is another to switch from Honda with Patric Muff and Michael Rutter.
Indeed, with the defending champions gone, Honda's presence is limited to the RAF Reserves bike for the returning Simon Andrews and a TWR CBR1000RR for Jenny Tinmouth.
Meanwhile, Ian Hutchinson will ride a Yamaha YZF-R1 for new, SMR-backed outfit FFX Racing, Aaron Zanotti pilots a privateer Suzuki, while Jakub Smrz will be the only Ducati 1199 Panigale R rider for Millsport.
2014 MCE British Superbike Championship entry list:
3. Josh Brookes AUS Milwaukee Yamaha YZF-R1
4. Dan Linfoot GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki ZX-10R
5. Stuart Easton GBR Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki ZX-10R
6. Simon Andrews GBR RAF Reserves Honda CBR1000RR
7. Barry Burrell GBR WD-40 Kawasaki ZX-10R
8. Ian Hutchinson GBR FXX Yamaha YZF-R1
9. Chris Walker GBR GBmoto Kawasaki ZX-10R
10. Jon Kirkham GBR Tsingtao WK Kawasaki ZX-10R
11. Michael Rutter GBR Bathams BMW S1000RR
12. Josh Waters AUS Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki ZX-10R
15. Ben Wilson GBR Gearlink Kawasaki ZX-10R
20. Jenny Tinmouth GBR TWR Honda CBR1000RR
21. John Hopkins USA Tyco Suzuki GSX-R1000
23. Ryuichi Kiyonari JPN Buildbase BMW S1000RR
24. Patric Muff SUI Bathams BMW S1000RR
27. James Westmoreland GBR Buildbase BMW S1000RR
35. Mitchell Carr AUS Anvil Hire TAG Kawasaki ZX-10R
39. Lee Costello GBR Halsall Kawasaki ZX-10R
40. Martin Jessopp GBR RidersMotorcycles.com BMW S1000RR
43. Howie Mainwaring GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki ZX-10R
45. Rhalf Lo Turco BRA SBK City Kawasaki ZX-10R
46. Tommy Bridewell GBR Milwaukee Yamaha YZF-R1
47. Richard Cooper GBR Anvil Hire TAG Kawasaki ZX-10R
50. Harry Hartley GBR Halsall Kawasaki ZX-10R
55. Peter Baker GBR Morello Services PBR Kawasaki ZX-10R
64. Aaron Zanotti GBR GGH/STEL Suzuki GSX-R1000
67. Shane Byrne GBR Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki ZX-10R
77. James Ellison GBR GBmoto Kawasaki ZX-10R
96. Jakub Smrz CZE Milsport Ducati 1199 Panigale R
303. Keith Farmer GBR PR Kawasaki ZX-10R
33. Michael Dunlop GBR Buildbase BMW S1000RR *
86. Julien Da Costa FRA Honda Racing CBR1000RR *
* Selected rounds only
Click on relevant pic to enlarge
the conversation - Add your comment
Although the administrators and moderators of this website will attempt to keep all objectionable comments off these pages, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the poster, and neither Crash Media Group nor Crash.Net will be held responsible for the content of any message. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. If you find a message objectionable, please contact us and inform us of the problem or use the [report] function next to the offending post. Any message that does not conform with the policy of this service can be edited or removed with immediate effect.