BTCC » Fans' favourite Jackson firms up 2011 plans

Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship (BTCC) fans' favourite Mat Jackson has concluded a deal to remain in the fast-and-frantic tin-top series in 2011

chrischats - Unregistered

January 12, 2011 8:39 PM

What is wrong with people on here? I really don't see how you people can call yourself fans! Mat Jackson IS one of the fans favourites and if you took the time to get your lazy A*SES to a BTCC meeting and approached him you will also find that he IS one of the nicest drivers on the BTCC grid! It's great news that Airwaves are retaining him for another season and also great news that Liam Griffin is making the step up! Can't wait to hear who the 3rd driver will be. I really hope it's Steven Kane.

GOOD LUCK FOR 2011

Matt - Unregistered

January 14, 2011 12:33 AM

I've tried to avoid commenting here but after seeing all of the comments - I've got to defend my favourite driver.

Mat is a fans favourite - get to a BTCC weekend, meet the guy and you'll soon see why. He is also a crown favourite as he is an 'underdog' - compared to RML/AON/Honda - yet he beats em and races hard but very fairly.

Crash do have their facts right - Mat was the BTCC.net forum fans favourite in 08 and still is a favourite, Just coz Shaun Hollamby won it this year (by 1 vote I believe) from Owy doesn't distract from Mat's popularity.

And Baz - if you're gonna mention Owy, spell his name right - O'Neill. I reckon you're not a die hard BTCC fan...

chrischats - Unregistered

January 14, 2011 12:43 AM

GOOD CALL MATT! I think most of the people on here just come here to put people down. What have these sad individuals ever done with their lives? I have met Jackson, O'Neill and Hollamby and they all have far more time for the fans than the big boys!

With 2 of them already confirmed for 2011, I just hope O'Neill is there too!

Buck Bundy

January 14, 2011 9:43 PM

You've just proven the point I was trying to make - we all have our own favourites!

"Fans Favourite" is a daft expression which should be qualified "as voted for by.." etc to have any meaning.

I can't say I've met Mat Jackson or Hollamby, but I've met Paul O'Neill a couple of times and he's a great bloke, but I don't doubt the others are too.

To be fair to Crash, in the text they did say "one of the fans favourites".

chrischats - Unregistered

January 15, 2011 12:54 AM

I love it when people back track!

However I would like to say a big thanks to The Moderators on crash for removing the comments made by "The Truth" that were a direct insult to Mat Jackson. Like I have said previously if you get yourself along to a race weekend and talk to these people they are more than happy to give you an insight into their world. You certainly dont get that in F1 and all for about 15% of the cost.

Buck Bundy

January 15, 2011 12:25 PM

Back tracking? Me - never!

I bet you don't have to go back far to find a reference on here to Paul O'Neill as fans favourite, and probably Shaun Hollamby too.

I'm just pointing out what a daft and meaningless term it is that Crash has used.

As for Matt Jackson, I've nothing against him (apart from driving a BMW, but that'll be fixed this year), so I'll leave the insults to the Truth.

1 2  »