BTCC » Neal wins Brands Hatch finale

Matt Neal wins the final BTCC race of the weekend at Brands Hatch

Chris J - Unregistered

April 03, 2011 9:16 PM

Overall I would say a good first round of the new BTCC season. Congratulations to Plato for breaking the new record, Neal recovered well from race 1, and well done to the likes of O'Neill, Nash and Jackson.

Also I think Tony Gilham deserves some credit. 8th on his debut, scored points in all 3 races and was by far the fastest rookie.

Kiko - Unregistered

April 04, 2011 11:27 AM

Watched it on Delay so I could skip supports and adverts... skipped most of race 1 and 2, then fell asleep during race 3. What a waste of a Sunday afternoon.

I guess all the excitement from the brilliant Moto GP race had left me a bit tired!

Brands is such a dull track, I was left feeling downbeat about BTCC after the season finale there last year, I feel the same now.

chrischats - Unregistered

April 04, 2011 12:11 PM

why do these people watch it? I'd be f**ked if I'd sit there with the remote all day! Get a life and do something with your kids get them involved with the likes of fantasybtcc.com and yourracingcar.com The BTCC has to be one of the best days out you could have with your kids so "GET YOUR BACKSIDE TRACKSIDE"

And if you don't like it fine! Just stop moaning. People don't like to be around other negative people, so when you are sitting there alone on your sofa have a little think as to why you haven't got anyone around you!

Kiko - Unregistered

April 04, 2011 1:35 PM

Chrischats,

Maybe I would have gone if my leg wasn't in plaster, as it was I stayed home and enjoyed my time on the sofa. I watched some football with friends, then caught up with the Touring Cars after they had gone.

Good job they didn't stay, they would have been bored to death by the crap racing.

latoya - Unregistered

April 04, 2011 1:50 PM

Don't think Brands is to blame here, it's held many a classic BTCC weekend. Just look at the '09 season finale, which was mega entertainment. The BTCC has just become a bit tame - no car left Kent yesterday with any real damage. When did that last happen?? No one can afford to repair broken cars these days and there's too many fines for racing incidents, so no surprise there's less action. P.S. what's the point of reversing grids when the fasts cars are weighted down with ballast and have no chance of moving up the field, i.e. Plato yesterday?

minimiss - Unregistered

April 04, 2011 11:30 PM

Football bores me to tears but I would never go on a football message board to say this - so why do people feel the need to find a BTCC forum to tell us they find BTCC boring? Just doesn't make any sense!

erik - Unregistered

April 05, 2011 7:36 AM

I am new to watching the BTCC on tv, in fact new to motorsport in general.
It looked to me that Sheckter drew O'Neill's number out to take pole for race three, yet Matt Neal lined up there. I ran it back several times, but it still seemed like that to me. Am i missing something here? Please explain guys.

1 2  »