BTCC » Brands Hatch Indy - Race results (3) - Amended

Jason Plato wins for MG in race three at Brands Hatch

MGZ - Unregistered

April 01, 2012 6:16 PM

well done Jason and MG.

wheres the idiot who commented on qualifying that things did not look good for Jason mocking him.

4th 3rd 1st?

id say job done javascript:insertTextCursor('comment', ':p')

Ed Intheclouds - Unregistered

April 01, 2012 8:01 PM

I agree with you MGZ. I get racked off wth people knocking the MG brand. I bet most of them drive BMW's ( baahhh ! - can't think outside the box ). I'm not a big Plato fan, but do want MG to do well as the car is built not far from me ( and yes, they are out there on the roads )

Rog, Rishton - Unregistered

April 01, 2012 8:07 PM

Jason "i'll BLATANTLY knock rivals out of the way, then yet again manipulate the madia" Plato... Don't tell me he didn't, don't tell me it's fair.
It's high time there is something done about it.
Credit to 888, fabulous job, but don't let anyone say that Plato isn't a MASSIVE hypocrite.

Darren - Unregistered

April 01, 2012 11:04 PM

Exactly. Btcc has always been abd will always will be about close contact racing. This involves bumping and scraping which is why fans love it and it has such a huge and committed following. if you want to see clinical (boring) racing then go and watch F1. Oh....and there is a difference between nudging and completely ramming people off the track that happens to Plato. Just look at the difference in the weight of contact between plato on Jordan in race 3 and then how hard Jordan hit plato the lap after he'd been passed. That's the difference between deftness of touch and lack of control. Keep it up JP. You always have the true fans on the edge of their seats.

Just Observing - Unregistered

April 02, 2012 2:16 AM

Rubbing may be racing... but punting someone out of your way, regardless of how light the contact may be is NOT racing... though Plato could probably do really well in NASCAR...

I watched some BTCC rounds last year on the TV and it made me actually physically ill that the commentators could so accurately predict when one car was going to hit another one - especially the RWD cars

Dr Thompson - Unregistered

April 02, 2012 6:48 AM

It is tin top racing I'm afraid, there is a different philosophy from open wheel racing. What would be sickening in F1 or other racing IS part of tin top. & It is extremely naive to believe anything else & if you don't like it don't watch.

Plato only dishes out what he has been given in the past. To say he is any more culpable than any other driver is laughable.

whitew - Unregistered

April 02, 2012 12:42 PM

Amazing there was no whinging from Jason yesterday....... Ahhh he was having a good day at the office.

Although I am not one of his fans. I thought he drove well yesterday, especially seeing how he hadn't done much testing in the car.

Think it will be Jasin and Matt duelling this season again.

Clio Racer - Unregistered

April 04, 2012 10:15 AM

Is it just me, or does the front of the MG6 look like a NASCAR anyway with the flat black frontage and mesh grille. Maybe 888 have built it with Jason's driving style in mind!!!

I think Jason both took the knocks and dealt them out at the weekend. The battle between Plato, Jordan and Neal was fair on all sides. The move on Newsham in the 1st race was him thinking this may be his only bid for glory and a win on the MG's debut. It rightly earned him a fine and 3 points on his licence. Even Jason knows he was in the wrong as he said afterwards it was just close racing which is racer speak for Oops!