BTCC » MG eager to up the pressure

MG KX Momentum Racing looks to increase the pressure on Honda as the BTCC heads for Scotland

Stu - Unregistered

August 22, 2012 6:45 PM

Do they mean up the Turbo boost pressure?
I can't understand why all the cars don't run the same boost.
Has anyone seen an MG on the road yet?

darknessengaged - Unregistered

August 23, 2012 1:49 AM

It is a really good looking car but I have never seen one on the road... and I drive for a living so should see pretty much anything thats out there.

Heck, I even saw a Dacia Sandero today... but no MG6s!

whitew - Unregistered

August 23, 2012 8:45 AM

The boost situation is a scandal.

Honda build the best car with the same engine as everyone else but yet their boost is turned down to allow Plato to win..............

I thought when they ran the NGTC rules all cars would run the same. MG is only competitive because they change the rules every race.................

Totally ruining a really exciting sport.

I am thinking twice about buying tickets for the weekend.

Taz

August 23, 2012 8:49 AM

I've seen one on the roads....in Orange, it's not a nice looking car.

Agree with the comments about the boost, it's artificial racing when you start fiddling like that to orchestrate a 3 way title shoot off on the last round etc.

I'll be watching tho, Knockhill usually produces good racing and a few coming togethers.

richard

August 23, 2012 1:28 PM

i saw an MG, too. it was a real MG. a B! not the daewoo clone. :D :D

but i suppose that the boost can be varied by the organisers, just as weight can be altered. all in an effort to make cars equal.
now....how many races have the honda won?
how many races have the mg won?

at the end of the day, if all cars are equal, the fastest driver will win. it is not just the car. look at platos teammate in the same car.

Kyle - Unregistered

August 23, 2012 2:05 PM

Struggling to word this the way I want but the boost control doesnt make the cars equal.

If honda had two drivers considerably slower that neal and shedden the car would lap slower and boost restriction would be less.

No offence to platos teammate but his best place since debut in 2005 is a 6th, so he makes the car look slower thus more boost.

Teams need to make their cars look artificially slow at the start off the season so they can gain an advantage through more boost. plato has done this for a few years now

I hope morgan has better luck than his last outing

Jon Moulds - Unregistered

August 23, 2012 2:05 PM

I've seen several on the roads - they look great.
I have an MGB GT Factory V8 as a weekend toy. I'd buy a 6 in a heartbeat but unfortunately it's not the type of vehicle I need day to day.

Bob - Unregistered

August 23, 2012 2:49 PM

Loads of misleading messages here gents:

It is the fatsest driver of any model of car that governs variation in boost. So Neate's lack of speed in the MG does not impact at all on MG's boost.

And the reality is that the Honda is at 0 on boost variation where the MG is at +0.025 bar, solely because, mathematically, the fastest MG has been slighly slower than the fastest Honda in the last two race meetings.

I hope this makes sense to you all.

Gavin gr - Unregistered

August 23, 2012 9:19 PM

So the Honda with zero boost is slower than the mg with 0.25 boost when the mg is heavier due to performance ballast and giving the honda a tow... Mr Newton would do some laughing at those calculations

1 2  »