BTCC » Plato on pole as Shedden struggles

Gordon Shedden struggles to 19th on the grid as Jason Plato snares pole at Silverstone

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Fagin - Unregistered

October 07, 2012 6:27 AM

This is BS if Plato takes the title it's not deserved its due to Gow holding back the Hondas not MG having a better car or Plato been a better driver.
Just Gow manipulating the championship to his own ends.
This championship should be won by Flash or mat & Honda anything else is injustice & manipulation of the powers at be.

Daz - Unregistered

October 07, 2012 9:24 AM

I cant understand why ppl hate plato so much.He is great driver yes he dirty so is neil.Yes there pushing bumping but It is touring cars not f1 .It all part of it.The problem with the turbos is nothing to do with him.I hope he win the championship.Not neil or flash. I got nothing agast flash he great driver but the english me as bk the englis guy.I not a fan of neil nothing do with his racing he great driver.in my eyes not as good as Plato.I think crash should change there name to driver bashing. I think it more jealous. With these armchair fan wishing it was them in the car. If you dont like what going on in any sport dont watch it simple.

Liam48

October 07, 2012 10:45 AM

This is complete bull!

Shedden has been screwed by BTCC all year. He has been the stand out driver, if he doesn't win the championship this year, then there should be some serious questions asked of the way BTCC is being run!

whitew - Unregistered

October 07, 2012 2:19 PM

Shedden is the class of the field but how can you race when Grow restricts the Honda's.

Plato has been on pole and broke the track records in the last 2 meetings but he doesn't get restricted. Maybe they should change the name to the PTCC.

whitew - Unregistered

October 07, 2012 2:21 PM

Amazing there is no whinging from Plato so far this weekend..

BTCC I'm out after 20 years of watching it, I've had enough of the pandering to Plato

DK - Unregistered

October 08, 2012 10:50 AM

I went to Silverstone yesterday and it was pretty clear to see both the MG and Ford Focus had a big advantage coming out of Woodcote onto the main pit straight, BMW were quicker than the Honda too (Shedden pulled alongside Foster several times in race 3 but couldn't keep up along the straight whereas Plato just breezed past Foster).

I'm actually getting pretty tired of the boost debate now, if this continues next year I think I'll be switching off. I think the frustrating thing with Plato is he *is* a good driver but if he won the championship it would be a fairly hollow victory due to all the regulation manipulation - he was still moaning about the Ford boost (forgetting that he had ballast in the first race and MJ did not!).

I think we should start a "ban the turbo" campaign or something...:?

T2 - Unregistered

October 10, 2012 11:41 AM

@Fagin...

Interesting theory, but how many times have 'standard' spec parts that have to be used by all teams failed on Plato's car this year? How many points has that cost him? And remember a year or two ago when the Honda's just blasted past everybody? Plato's car is quick, but it's not that great down the straights, so it must be the chassis.