BTCC » Shedden crowned 2012 BTCC champion

Gordon Shedden crowned BTCC champion at Brands Hatch

deathraceking - Unregistered

October 21, 2012 11:13 PM

Awesome win for Gordon, the best man won.

Looking at previous comments, are there really people that don't think Flash is a clean driver? In the context of Plato & Neal...

Hopefully Collard will be apologising for claiming on TV that Shedden punted him off. Technically correct, but only after Plato ran into the back of Flash. Usual sh!t from JP.

torquesport - Unregistered

October 22, 2012 5:04 AM

Well done Gordon Shedden. I was rooting for Plato, if only to see the MG take the title in its maiden season of racing. I'm pleased that Neal did not win the title this time round, something about him just doesn't sit well with me.

daz - Unregistered

October 22, 2012 7:29 AM

Couldnt put better myself.

Taz

October 22, 2012 8:39 AM

Well done Gordon.

Right man won, he looked a bit nervous in race one but he had a fair chunk of ballast.

Would have been a travesty is Plato won it after some of his moves this year.

Rossifan - Unregistered

October 22, 2012 9:00 AM

I support another team and of course would have preferred them to win, but failing that was delighted that Flash won the cup this year, he plugged away through all the problems and wrung the neck off the car.

Well deserved, best driver on the grid, cept for the one I support... ah well mebbies I got that wrong this year lol

Peter - Unregistered

October 22, 2012 9:56 AM

Well done to Gordon, he showed he was the class of the field this year, and despite boost, weight and all the politics of that, the right man one the title. His save from the slide at Rockingham was an outstanding example of his car control.

A note to the "I've watched a couple of seasons of BTCC and know it alls" - Plato was gracious in defeat and if he had not been there, the whole season would have been a less entertaining inter-team affair like 1999-2004 all were. The Plato bashers are equally as boring as Plato's own moaning. Put up or shut up!

Congratulations again to Shedden!

frws - Unregistered

October 22, 2012 12:34 PM

As much as people dislike Plato, were it not for him then the BTCC would be a dull affair as not many other teams have the consistency to challenge Honda every weekend. True there are fast cars and drivers on the grid but none with quiet the resources like Honda to maintain a sustained title assault. Love him or hate him, Plato is good for the BTCC regardless of his driving standards. It all seems six of one, half a dozen of the other overeat the course of a season.

Congratulations to shedden anyway. Should have been yours last year as well were it not for Neal. So long as you keep beating that man and his dad after his Silverstone comments re marshals I will be a happy fan. Roll on 2013

cas - Unregistered

October 22, 2012 1:29 PM

massive congratulations to flash, way back at start of the season I said I wanted Flash or Andy Jordan to win the championship and as it turns out they both won, Flash being the over all and Andy being the Independents champion.

I was a fan of Plato and Matt Neale over the years but all the moaning and whinging about parity from Plato and their little "love spats" really turned me against them both, I honestly couldn't be happier for Flash and I have to give Neale credit he looked and acted genuinely happy for Flash

Jen - Unregistered

October 22, 2012 11:53 PM

Congratulations to Gordon Shedden and team dynamics. Really wanted him to win! Also well done to Matt Neal for supporting his team mate in race 2 and being so pleased about the win. Who said that orders at Team Dynamics meant Gordon Shedden would never be allowed to win?!

« 1 2