The line-up of drivers who will perform a high-speed show for the public during Edinburgh city centre's forthcoming Dunlop British Touring Car Festival on Thursday 13 August has been announced.
Thousands are expected to line Johnston Terrace, right next to the city's iconic castle, to watch the event that will act as a precursor to the British Touring Car Championship's race fixture that weekend at the Knockhill circuit in Fife.
That's after the public has met the stars of the BTCC during an autograph session on Castle Terrace.
Public admission to the event is FREE.
The autograph session will start at midday with the first BTCC car expected 'on course' on Johnston Terrace at around 1.00pm.
Scotland's two BTCC heroes Gordon Shedden and Jonathan Adam will be star attractions in their Cartridge World SEAT Leon and Airwaves BMW respectively.
Current series leader Colin Turkington, reigning champion Fabrizio Giovanardi - joined by VX Racing team-mate Andrew Jordan in their Vauxhall Vectras - and former double BTCC champion James Thompson will also be in action. Each ranks as one of the world's very best touring car drivers.
"This is a stunning line-up of drivers, teams and cars for what will be a quite exceptional event," said BTCC series director, Alan Gow. "Edinburgh has a real buzz about it and to see the BTCC's cars and drivers in action right next to such an iconic landmark as its castle - let alone experience the noise and speed generated by the cars - is going to be awesome.
"Furthermore, of course, this all takes place right at the start of Edinburgh's world-famous Festivals period so as well as attracting many regular BTCC fans the crowd is also likely to include a fair percentage of people who've never before attended a BTCC event. It's a great event for Edinburgh, for the BTCC and for the public."
The full provisional
Dunlop British Touring Car Festival driver line-up is as follows:
- Colin Turkington (current championship leader), Team RAC BMW 320si;
- Fabrizio Giovanardi (reigning Champion, VX Racing Vauxhall Vectra;
- Andrew Jordan, VX Racing Vauxhall Vectra;
- James Thompson (former double BTCC Champion), Team Dynamics Honda Civic;
- Jonathan Adam, Airwaves BMW 320si;
- Gordon Shedden, Cartridge World Carbon Zero Racing SEAT Leon;
- Tom Chilton, Team Aon Ford Focus ST;
- Harry Vaulkhard, bamboo engineering Chevrolet Lacetti;
- Martin Johnson, Boulevard Vauxhall Astra Coupe;
- John George, JAG/TH Motorsport Honda Integra
- Sarah Moore (championship leader), Ginetta Junior;
- Fulvio Mussi, Ginetta G50;
- and Barry Horne, Porsche Carrera Cup.