23 March 2010
BTCC reveals 23 car entry for 2010
The BTCC reveals a 23 car entry list for the 2010 season
A 23 car entry list has been announced for the 2010 BTCC season, although – as expected – defending champion Colin Turkington isn't named on the entry.
The entry is headed by manufacturer teams from Chevrolet and Honda while Triple Eight has two cars entered on the list, but has yet to name any drivers. The pair are the only TBCs on the entry.
As revealed yesterday (Monday), the Chevrolet entry runs under the Silverline Chevrolet, while the Team Dynamic's run Honda Civics will run as Team Honda.
The entry list confirms Steven Kane will return to the BTCC this season with Airwaves BMW, while Mat Jackson returns to rear-wheel drive as his team-mate.
“This is a fantastic start to our new season and a new decade for the BTCC,” BTCC Series Director Alan Gow said. “Globally, motor sport has really felt the pinch of late following what has been a very cruel recession, yet the BTCC continues to buck that trend and set an example for many other high-profile series around the world, as shown by our 2010 entry list.
“I'm immensely proud of the huge efforts made by the teams, drivers and sponsors during the winter to ensure they are here, but the fact they continue to want to compete and succeed in the BTCC speaks volumes for this great championship's ability to excite, inspire and reward at the very highest level in the UK. No doubt, as normal, even more teams and drivers will join the championship during the course of the season – which is further testament to the BTCC as being Britain's biggest drawcard for teams, drivers and sponsors.
“Just to remind people of a few facts: our trackside crowds are often bigger than many Premiership football games; we are watched by many millions on TV, in both the UK and right around the world, thanks to our truly terrific broadcast partner ITV; we enjoy the tremendous support of a hugely passionate title sponsor in Dunlop; plus, the free admission for children and unrivalled interaction between the public and the stars all make the BTCC a unique sporting attraction.
“The BTCC remains way ahead of all other motor racing series in Britain in terms of public profile, variety, action, competitive rivalry, unpredictability, popularity and levels of professionalism… and our entry list again underlines its stature. In fact, many other international series look at our championship with real envy. I look forward to what promises to be another phenomenal season in the BTCC's illustrious history.”
2010 BTCC Entry List:
2. Jason Plato Silverline Chevrolet Chevrolet Cruze
4. Matt Neal Team Honda Honda Civic
5. Mat Jackson Airwaves BMW BMW 320si
6. Rob Collard West Surrey Racing BMW 320si
11. Steven Kane Airwaves BMW BMW 320si
20. Alex MacDowall Silverline Chevrolet Chevrolet Cruze
21. Tom Onslow-Cole Team Aon Ford Focus ST
22. Tom Boardman Special Tuning (UK) SEAT Leon
23. Tom Chilton Team Aon Ford Focus ST
28. John George sunshine.co.uk with Tech-Speed Honda Integra
29. Paul O'Neill sunshine.co.uk with Tech-Speed Honda Integra
30. Martin Depper Forster Motorsport BMW 320si
37. Arthur Forster Forster Motorsport BMW 320si
43. Lea Wood Wood Racing Honda Integra
44. Andy Neate West Surrey Racing BMW 320si
52. Gordon Shedden Team Honda Honda Civic
55. Dave Pinkney Pinkney Motorsport Vauxhall Vectra
77. Andrew Jordan Pirtek Racing Vauxhall Vectra
88. TBC Triple Eight Vauxhall Vectra
98. Matt Hamilton TH Motorsport Honda Civic
99. Shaun Hollamby AmD Milltek Volkswagen Golf
888. TBC Triple Eight Vauxhall Vectra
Click on relevant pic to enlarge
the conversation - Add your comment
Although the administrators and moderators of this website will attempt to keep all objectionable comments off these pages, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the poster, and neither Crash Media Group nor Crash.Net will be held responsible for the content of any message. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. If you find a message objectionable, please contact us and inform us of the problem or use the [report] function next to the offending post. Any message that does not conform with the policy of this service can be edited or removed with immediate effect.