Team with Tech-Speed Motorsport will head into the second half of the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship season in confident mood after an impressive showing in testing at Snetterton this week.

The team travelled to the Norfolk venue to work on preparations for the second half of the 2010 campaign - which kicks off at the same circuit next month - with Paul O'Neill and John George both in action.

O'Neill produced the second quickest time during the first three hours of running, posting a time just 0.013secs slower than the Chevrolet of Alex MacDowall. The arrival of rain at the circuit saw the team curtail its running without taking part in the second session, with little benefit to be found from running in the wet conditions.

Related Articles

With the Ford of Tom Chilton going quickest of all on a drying track late in the day, O'Neill was left with the third quickest time overall.

"I'm quite pleased with the test but to be fair, we expected to be near the front," he said, "although maybe not quite as near as we were! We changed quite a long of things compared to when we were here last year and the time I did was an untidy lap, so we know there is more to come. I made a mistake at the Chicane which cost me maybe two tenths of a second, but what we know now is that we have a good car over a single lap. It's always been a good car in the races, but we were able to put in that one quick lap like you need to do in qualifying.

"There was no point in us running around in the wet as it was just using up mileage on the engine but we had already been able to complete a good programme that sets us up well for the second half of the year."

Team-mate George ended the day with the twelfth quickest time at the wheel of the sister car and Tech-Speed chief Marvin Humphries declared himself pleased with the way the test had gone for both drivers.

"We sat down before the test to work out a programme we wanted to work through and we had a good baseline on the car after going well at Snetterton last year," he said. "We tried a few things out on the car that worked, and it proved to be a decent test for us.

"We are satisfied with how things went in the running we did and we decided not to go out in the afternoon when it was raining as we know the car is good in the wet. The circuit itself is a bit quicker with some resurfacing work that's been done, but we found time during the day and both Paul and John ran well."